Recent content by travellersol

1. travellersol

Boron? Diatone DS-50CS vs DS-1000 vs DS-2000

I have heard some lesser models of Diatone, they do sound pretty good.
  2. travellersol

crazy speaker pulsating with turntable

I'm no expert, but have you tried with another pair of speakers? Or tried placing them on some stands?
  3. travellersol

Contact cleaning a nad 3020 series 20

You mean, that's what you get after using DeoxIT?
  4. travellersol

Teac AG-3000 Receiver

Teac AG 3000 in photos. Everything is perfect except losing one knob on the Bass control, might be hard to find a replacement.
  5. travellersol

Teac AG-3000 Receiver

Just to update: I finally bought it. This unit is very good sounding, and the stated 36w is quite underrated. Need to service and recap it right after purchasing, and, I have asked my tech to modify the lights to be on whenever the power is turned on (the original design only will light up when...
  6. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

As I have stated in my first post: my system and room acoustics are not optimal so I can't trust what I heard from it to be typical in a proper environment, therefore I need to ask those who have better systems with decent room acoustics to test and enlighten me, at least before I move to a...
  7. travellersol

List of DACs Under $450

TOPPING D10 - $90 TOPPING D20 - $90 TOPPING D30 - $120 TOPPING D50 - $250 The brand Topping seems to be getting many praises from the following review site (Amir): https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d10-dac.2470/...
  8. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

Wow Robert, thanks for your input and hope to hear your report. No hurry, I can wait a coupe of weeks if that's what you need. Can you also share with me some of those classical recording titles you cited above?
  9. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

Thank you cpt, you did help to narrow down the spectrum of variables to a more manageable or meaningful range. Appreciated :)
  10. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

Can we just put aside theories in this topics here, there are tonnes of it and I (and many others) have read enough. Let's provide some actual listening experience. Yes, you are entire right, "lossless linear PCM sample stream of identical bit precision and sample rate are the same". I don't...
  11. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

Jargons make me even more confused. I just want to know which format sounds better from actual listening, without having to know all these. Trust me, I have read many tech specs/writings on this, yet I still don't know which sounds better, because my system is not up to par to compare them...
  12. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

I did think about that, but there are so many variations out there, I really don't know how to set the comparison standard. The only thing I know is: we must use the same song, the same amp, the same cables, and the same speakers. About sampling rate and bit precision, I think they are...
  13. travellersol

Flac/APE vs DSD

[No theories, only actual hearing results wanted] What I am looking for is to hear reports of actually hearing and comparing between either FLAC or APE (the two very common lossless formats) and DSD. I have read enough theories and debates, the more I read the more confused I become. So I would...
  14. travellersol

Teac AG-3000 Receiver

Yeah the AG3000 has a look that's very close to some contemporary models: Sansui 5000x Harmon Kardon HK-430 Rotel FAX-550
  15. travellersol

2nd Hand Vinyls - How to Choose

yeah I am planning to buy a set of ultra sonic cleaner from China, cost around $200+.
Back
Top Bottom