Recent content by trinhsman

1. trinhsman

Pioneer SX-950 vs Schiit Aegir?

If you’re happy with what you have, then stay put. With that said, the Aegir is a Stereophile Class A rated amp. I know what I would do. But you need to be comfortable with what you want.
  2. trinhsman

Pro-ject belts compatible with Music Hall MMF ?

I have a Music Hall turntable. Round or square, doesn’t matter. I used both.
  3. trinhsman

The Two Biggest Falsehoods About Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Speakers

I’ve heard them several times and with different types of music. To say they are UNBEATABLE is an understatement. When your wife (someone that could give a rats a## about audio) looks at you and smiles and nods, that’s all you need to know. I’ll never own them, but if you have a chance to...
  4. trinhsman

Speaker country of origin, do you have a preference (England, US, Canada, Japan, China, Germany, etc.)

The best speakers I have heard have either been American or British.
  5. trinhsman

Request: Pics of your clean living room Hifi setup!

Main living area and basement set up. Wife tolerates the main area, but wishes we could hide the amps and turntable. Basement area she doesn’t care about. Only problem is that our youngest daughter and her husband moved in with us in the basement. You can’t find my system now with all their...
  6. trinhsman

My retro Sony ES network streamer project

I see this and I realize how little I really know. Amazing job!!!!
  7. trinhsman

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

If I were in your shoes, 150 amp upgrade all day. Several reasons. 1. Things change, so it is better to be prepared. 2. Even though you don’t plan on selling, THINGS CHANGE. 3. And finally…….things change. My 2 cents.
  8. trinhsman

What's your latest audio purchase?

Latest purchase. New Gold Lion KT88 tubes for my custom mono blocks built by AK member Gordonw. He has installed them and biased them. Pick the amps up tomorrow. Can’t wait! Update: Got them. All hooked up. Better depth and air. I think this is going to be very good.
  9. trinhsman

AR Turntable (My first turntable - help!)

Welcome. There are a few threads you can read. One of them will have tons of information from the late and VERY GREAT Marc Morin. I’m sure someone else will chime in with the thread link. I tend to be technically challenged in that department. As to your cartridge. Yes the 2M Red will work...
  10. trinhsman

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations Heather!
  11. trinhsman

What tv show are you currently binging?

We started Cheers again while visiting family. Amazing when you think there’s no way they could make that show today. None of the old great comedies could be made today.
  12. trinhsman

Phono Hum, even when just RCA plugged in...

I’ve had hums before in my turntables. Solutions that have worked. 1. Change RCA cables to a shielded cable designed for turntables. 2. Change the ground wire. I wish you luck.
  13. trinhsman

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Headed towards 100
  14. trinhsman

Happy Birthday trinhsman!

Thanks everyone!
  15. trinhsman

Hifi hoarder cleanout

I think you got your math wrong. A sale at 250 dollars then with a 20% discount would make it 200 dollars. I sell at those levels when I have something to sell.
Back
Top Bottom