Recent content by triplelatte

1. T

Ultra high spec. opamp MC/MM phono, warp "elliptic" filter, line, headphone amps.

I particularly appreciate the ability to get both MM/MC into a significantly smaller footprint. I doubt I'll be able to hear the better specs.
  2. T

Southern California AK 2022 / 2023 Meet-up Info & RSVP

I’d be able to make 10/21 and 11/18 at this point.
  3. T

Southern California AK 2022 / 2023 Meet-up Info & RSVP

Any weekend in October is good for me at this point. November gets busy.
  4. T

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

The switch doesn't have to be pressed all the way down for it to start the table. If you happened to have your elbow or arm or anything else on the power switch and it was depressed about halfway, that will be enough to get the platter moving. It won't lock it on and if you moved away then it...
  5. T

Ultra high spec. opamp MC/MM phono, warp "elliptic" filter, line, headphone amps.

Depending on where the crackling/whooshing sound is (input/channel), that could tell you where to start. I have a few simple ideas that come to mind when I hear the words crackling and whooshing to describe the sounds coming from the preamp. I had a similar issue with an integrated amp and it...
  6. T

The Official "Build" thread for the WYN Phono,Line,Warp,Headphone Pre amp

Glad to see this maybe picking up some momentum again. I wouldn't mind seeing a bypass switch on at least one input to either bypass any preamp functionality or autoset volume at unity gain. Helps with integrating into a home theater setup.
  7. T

For those of us who are space limited and use speakers in a home theater setup as well, a bypass option would be cool. if this unit is housing the ADC, then some sort of room correction capability. sub out w/crossover or low pass filter. I also second the idea of having a faceplate (or full...
  8. T

Congrats! Its awesome to see this coming to fruition. I think a high level overview of the science and theory of the design, and how the preamp came to be, along with the basic but most meaningful measurements make sense as the core of the product page. Have recommended settings for different...
  9. T

Impromptu So-Cal Meet Up Review

I was at this event. Got my ticket at the last minute and was able to hear some of the shootout. I had to leave early for a birthday party so I unfortunately missed a lot of the fun. What I did hear matches pretty closely with what Tim said. The modded 8 was just a touch better to me on the...
  10. T

Dropbox works fine for me. I didn’t hit every component but the random ones I clicked opened up.
  11. T

I was thinking about the relays this morning. I’d probably need 4 at least, and could do more if it helps meet a minimum order quantity.
  12. T

Yes. I thought about adding a filter in between the supply and the output jack, but given its not in the signal path I doubt switching noise would be an issue.
  13. T

I just built something similar to this for my GT. Not quite as fancy as I don't have a digital display or dual outputs. Using some pics I got a awhile back from @ateal of the unit he has (or used to have), I bought the same 24v 0.5a power supply and some Neutrik 3 pin XLR connectors from...
  14. T

Looking forward to seeing what v3.0 brings to the table...
  15. T

Have you been doing any comparisons just going Aux/Line into the buffer using a DAC or other source, and skipping the phono stage?
Back
Top Bottom