Recent content by tromba

1. tromba

What "Audio Related" item were you GIFTED?

I was given a pair of Boston Acoustics A-400 speakers. The drivers had all be redone and he had all the parts for the crossovers but didn't get to it. I had to do the crossover rebuilt (2 in each speaker) but they ended up working fine!
  2. tromba

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Joined March 20, 2012 The reason I joined is because everytime I searched for an audio issue, some results ALWAYS came here. Figured I'd better join
  3. tromba

Good Sound Card for a PC?

I agree with this. If I was building a computer (and I've done many....) I would need a sound card, not a DAC (although an external DAC would be nice, but the DAC has nothing digital coming into it without the sound card.)
  4. tromba

Good Sound Card for a PC?

I have a 3rd gen Focusrite that I use for some live recording. It's a very nice interface. However I'm confused as how this can function as a sound card - as far as I know it has no sounds. This would be a quality I/O device the OP wanted, but what's a good external sound card that has the...
  5. tromba

Citation II Fuse

My fuse came today, I put it in, plugged in the amp turned it on and the red glow came on the tubes!!
  6. tromba

Citation II Fuse

thanks for the reply... No hurry as this hasn't been working for a while.
  7. tromba

Citation II Fuse

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered some!
  8. tromba

Citation II Fuse

thanks for posting this! It says 8 amps 125 volts. There's one for sale in Barter Town and I asked if he'd measure his, which was 32mm but 6 amp 250 volt. Now I'm even more confused
  9. tromba

Citation II Fuse

I have a Harmon Kardon Citation II. I pulled the fuse from the back to look at it and promptly lost it. I found a post online (by Jim McShane) that it's an 8 amp 250 volt fast blow fuse. I seems these come in different lengths. I seem to recall mine being longer than I expected, so it might be...
  10. tromba

Hearing Aid Advice?

I've had hearing aids for a number of years. I'm also a trumpet player and with a "standard" setting that most aids have (for hearing speech) the trumpet sound had a horrible wiggle to it. An additional problem was playing outside concerts (Alabama) and under stage lights where sweat was a...
  11. tromba

Top 15 Kenwood tuners ?

In looking at pictures I think I had a KT-7001 back in the early '70s. Worked quite well at the time. Had to keep the dial set to the right frequency!
  12. tromba

Trashed stylus — how did you react?

Pretty sure you get ME!
  13. tromba

Montgomery, AL McIntosh 225 $3000 MX 110 $1300 asked

I LIVE in McGehee estates and the address is about 5 min from my house. A little pricey for me and I expect it was gone today (the first day) but all is half price tomorrow!
  14. tromba

CD Longevity

Except iTunes, one of the most widely used on the planet,.. Which is why I would delete it from my computer if I could.
  15. tromba

Any brass players here?

I didn't read the comments, but that makes sense if the key is a whole tone down. Just use a trumpet a whole tone down from the piccolo!!! I used to have a trumpet that played in E, F, and G. This G didn't sound any different from my piccolo so I never much used it.
Back
Top Bottom