Recent content by trucha

1. T

RIP Pharoah Sanders

I have been obsessed with Pharoah for the last couple of years ever since I heard Brandee Yonger and Dezron Douglas's album Force Majore and their cover of Creator has a Masterplan. I had never heard his music before and I've been doing a deep dive on his albums since then. I love Wisdom...
  2. T

Lossless?

The 3.5 mm works but you are then bottle necked by the phone's internal DAC and often those won't pass through the HD content. If you are using the above LG phones, they reportedly have good DACs but otherwise, you will need an external DAC to get the HD files off of your phone. There are some...
  3. T

Ripping cds to a drive

Success!! Thanks for the info guys. I got the XLD to run thanks to RTALLY's advise. I would add one more thing. When you get the Preferences menu open you may need to click on the program again to get it loaded into the window so you can select to run it anyway. I used this amazing YouTube...
  4. T

Ripping cds to a drive

Ok I got the xld software but it wont run on my mac. I get an error that says developers cant be verified. Also tried Foobar but that said Windows only. Any other suggestions?
  5. T

Ripping cds to a drive

Ok. Didn't get around to downloading those programs tonight but I'll give it a go tomorrow. I looked at the nas and it's a little spendy for me. Any other recommendations a little cheaper? And remember we are working in mac world here.
  6. T

Ripping cds to a drive

Thanks for the replies. This is really a multi step project so maybe let's talk about the first step first: Ripping the CDs. I will be using a MAC so that complicates matters. I can see why I gave up when I originally did this and just used iTines to Mp3. I downloaded a free service called...
  7. T

Ripping cds to a drive

About 10 years ago I ripped my cd collection to a hard drive in mp3 format. A few years ago I moved and I when I went to use that drive again it was dead and I can no longer access that music. I'd like to attempt to re rip my collection, this time in a non lossy format, to a new drive. What...
  8. T

Stylus cleaning.....HELP!!!

Thanks for all of the replies. I agree, my record could be cleaner. However that is not really what I am asking. I used a product similar to the Onzow to clean my very new stylus. https://www.amazon.com/ONZOW-ZERODUST-ZeroDust-Stylus-Cleaner/dp/B00ERPWAK2 Are these products reccomended? Some...
  9. T

I dont think the last few commenters read my original post. The records are pretty clean. I dont have a record cleaner but all new (to me) discs get washed with mild soap and I do this periodically. I store them backwards in the sleeve in anti static plastic sleeves. I have a record cleaner...
  10. T

I did not know I should be cleaning it after every spin. But I knew I should be doing it more often that is why I bought the gel cleaner. I do also have a brush that came with the cartridge which I used as well. I dont have any liquid cleaner but I read online that isoproyl/water mix may be ok...
  11. T

Hi, I bought one of those gel type stylus cleaners to give my 1.5 year old Ortofon 2m red a clean. I used it and the sound didnt really improve so I bought a new replacement cartridge. I used it for a couple of months but noticed a few hairs sticking to the stylus and used the gel to get it...
  12. T

Today's JAZZ playlist

Greg Foat group. Symphonie Pacifique
  13. T

Why didn't I think of this before-CD

I was in GW a couple years ago with a friend and I was waiting around. I noticed some CDs on offer and found a few that were ones I had always wanted and they were super cheap like $2. I have never owned many CDs and have never owned a proper CD player (due to the original CDs sounding crappy...
  14. T

Help with streaming

Hi, I am interested in trying out one of the music streaming services that will allow for higher quality audio(cd quality is fine for me I don't need high-res). I currently stream from my phone out through the headphone jack of my Samsung S8 phone to my vintage Marantz amp. This does not...
Back
Top Bottom