Recent content by tube-it

1. tube-it

Jolida Glass FX III DAC tube recommendations

I did find a few Tube dacs that achieved 124db. Plenty of other faults with tubes but dynamic range has never been one of them. Someday I can afford a $10,000 DAC but even then I probably wouldn't be that insane, Jolida and Sonica is good enough ;)
  2. tube-it

I'm a fan ASR. Great site for real measurements. :thumbsup: No Jolida listed though.
  3. tube-it

I put in the long plate RCA 12ax7s this morning and have been really enjoying them. These might be the keepers. At first I lost a channel, I used a small tool to tighten to pin sockets up and the channel came back. I think the pins on the vintage tubes are a tad thinner than the new ones and the...
  4. tube-it

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jolida-black-ice-fx-dac-azclub-audio-dac-off.883739/
  5. tube-it

Do you know that as a fact or just guessing? One thing the Oppo has over the Jolida is the absolute silent background. This is an advantage of modern solid state ICs, for sure. >90db isn't terrible but it can be better. But the DR being limited by tubes is not even close to true. DR of...
  6. tube-it

Just be careful when swapping tubes on the Jolida as the tube sockets are mounted on the curcuit board and you'll need to be careful not to crack the the solder joints. That's my biggest complaint about this dac..The sockets should be chassis mounted.
  7. tube-it

Funny you should ask, Part of my boredom remedy during this pandemic has been tube rolling, I've mostly been playing with my mc240 and have not been messing around with the Jolida much as of yet, but will be doing some tonight and this week. I've just moved from sovtek 5751 to JJ ECC83s today. I...
  8. tube-it

Tubes have greater dynamic range than most transistors/op-amps due to higher operating voltages and overload tolerance. The false information in here is sad. Tubes are not a limiting factor for DR, never have been, never will be. One of the issues with many Tube DACs is they they are just...
  9. tube-it

Replaced the bulbs in my MX132

I removed the screws from the cover and it wont budge. Is it a matter of yanking on it? Do I pull back or up?
  10. tube-it

Master reset for MX134

Is there a reset for the mx135. I get fewuent lock ups and was said to do this but this method doesn’t seem to reset the 135.
  11. tube-it

any chance you can re-share the pictures. I'm trying to do this as well.
  12. tube-it

MX132 Bulbs

I have a blown bulb in the mx132 in the upper left side. I found some pictures and it doesn't look to difficult to replace. I ordered a new bulb but I can't seem to be able to get the cover off. I removed all the screws and was able to slide it back about 1/8" then it gets stuck, I don't want to...
  13. tube-it

Dang no picturs. I just got a set of bulbs for mine
  14. tube-it

McIntosh CD Players, worth their asking price?

Doesn't the mac6700 have a built in DAC? Get decent transport. The Shanling PCD3000a is a surprisingly good transport and does very well using the digital output. I've used it on my mx132 and several other DACs. It sounds better than when I used my old Sony DVD player as a transport but most of...
Back
Top Bottom