Recent content by tubeblue

1. tubeblue

Is The C220 a newer C2200?

Tha it is:-)
  2. tubeblue

Trying to decide what power amplifier I want to purchase to pair with my Mcintosh c220

Thanks for the tip on the w5s I'll look into that cuz I have to rebuild the power supplies on them. Also I'd like to say that driving an amp hard I believe does wear on it more than just letting it sit idle it gets hotter components suffer trust me I've smoked em hard har
  3. tubeblue

Trying to decide what power amplifier I want to purchase to pair with my Mcintosh c220

So something else I'd like to add the reason I'm going to stick with a Mcintosh I think is I want to use the remote capabilities between the power amp and the preamp to do that I have to have a more modern power amp so a Mac mc275 modern version has this ability so it really is down to do I want...
  4. tubeblue

Hello I've owned quite a few power amplifiers I own a Harmon Kardon Citation ii that I'm working on right now I used it for years. I have a pair of Heath kit w5ms I drove them into the ground cu.z I do play full tilt a lot. I've been using a pair of pilot tone AA 906 monoblocks that I've driven...
  5. tubeblue

Using a Marantz 2270 as a power amp

Ok... Well thanks
  6. tubeblue

Using a Marantz 2270 as a power amp

I own a very well working marantz 2270. I removed the jumpers for the preamp out main in and attempted to run a Macintosh c220 preamp into the main in and it squeals very loudly when I plug it in to the marantz. I then tried plugging in just a CD player into the main in and it also squealed. Am...
  7. tubeblue

Pilotone AA-906

Alas my aa 906 has a smoked power xformer
  8. tubeblue

Restoring a Harman Kardon Citation II help with tube bias. No rear meter!

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Turns out I just missed a meter on eBay. I'll be keeping my eye on it they turn up every once in awhile. In the meantime I'm going to set up test points. I think I like the test point idea anyway maybe more accurate than those meters. I got a ways before I...
  9. tubeblue

Thanks for the responses. I like the idea of the tip jacks. So could I use the rotary switch wired to 1 tip jack then wire the other to ground. Of course I may need to alter the wiring a bit to the rotary switch
  10. tubeblue

I would also like to ask any HK CIT II owners there opinion of the best mods to this amp. I have replaced the 9 pin sockets with brand new identical sockets. And will replace filters caps..I may replace the coupling caps with Audyn I used these in another rebuild and liked them. Thnx
  11. tubeblue

Greetings. Am restoring a Harman Kardon Citation II that has no meter for bias setting. I am not sure wether to set my multimeter to dc volts or miliamps. Have been researching it and still I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. I know I am setting bias voltage to the output tubes and I...
  12. tubeblue

Why can't I find a schematic for my Pilotone AA-906 monoblock amplifiers???

My mono amps running really well but I haven't set the balance or the bias 6550 outputs what do you think?
  13. tubeblue

Pilotone AA-906

Did you ever locate another aa 906
  14. tubeblue

Thank you for the replies I guess I will never find any history on this Pilotone model.
  15. tubeblue

Starting a new thread to see if someone out there may know why the pilotone AA906 monoblock amplifiers have no resources as far as schematics or even any old information about their sale. These units are unusual as they use voltage regulated tubes to balance the output. I have two of them and I...
Back
Top Bottom