Recent content by tubecollec

1. tubecollec

Sherwood s 8600 CP receiver /amp???

I just found one, little beat up and missing a knob but sounds really good
  2. tubecollec

Sony TA-4650 VFET Amp Restoration

I have one of these in my collection but it is not in working condition so I was looking through your posts while I decide if I want to try restoring it.
  3. tubecollec

Thoughts and opinions on A/D/S L1230 ?

I had a pair of ADS L-1230 years ago. In my opinion they sounded good but were very power hungry so I would not recommend them with a small tube amp. They sounded best with a pair of Carver A500x amps.
  4. tubecollec

I can't believe the work in this Knight amp

I had one of these amps years ago and regret selling it. In my opinion it sounded better than the MC240 I also had at the time with the original Mullard tubes.
  5. tubecollec

Marantz 1030 Engraved Face?

I have a champagne face 1030 with engraved face, still has the plastic over the face but I have never actually turned it on. I'm currently working on a 1060 that seems to now be working fine except for the new power switch I had to order and getting more interested in checking the 1030 since...
  6. tubecollec

Kenwood KR-9600 TA200-W solution ?

A supplier on Ali express in China has over 1000 in stock but they are about $200 each
  7. tubecollec

Japanese Tube Holy Grail? Opinions, Please!

I love my Sansui 1000A, after a little work and a few caps it sounds amazing!
  8. tubecollec

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Last week I found an Akai GX-747 dBX. Not in working condition but fixable for a great price.
  9. tubecollec

Macintosh MAC 4280

That is a really nice looking receiver!
  10. tubecollec

Audio Path Associates PPA-1

Anyone ever heard of Audio Path Associates? Has an address in Phoenix, Az. I got a rack mount power amp made by them and have not been able to find any information. The model is PPA-1
  11. tubecollec

Audiokarma Needs your support !!!!!

Love the new format, I'll dig around and find something interesting for the auction
  12. tubecollec

Vintage film cameras

One of my first cameras was a Pentax K-1000 in my early teens, it took decent pics. Think I paid about $100 for it back in the late 70s.
  13. tubecollec

Dynaco a Stereo 80

Thanks for the link, saw some interesting stuff.
  14. tubecollec

What camera(s) do you own?

The main camera I use is the Nikon 7100. Also have a D80 and a Canon G11. Own a number of film cameras but don't use them much these days including Mamiya, Rolliflex, and Yashika medium format, Nikon F3, Canon T90, Canon Canonet. Looking to get a Fuji X100T soon
  15. tubecollec

My other new camera...

Happy Birthday! Grats on the camera, I have been trying to talk myself into getting one of those. Fuji is making the best mirrorless cameras right now.
Back
Top Bottom