Recent content by tubetime

1. tubetime

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

Installed latest version 1.8 for the ares. Sound is definitely best yet.
  2. tubetime

Wow! Really loving the updated firmware. Bigger soundstage, better imaging, sounds more real. Do the update!
  3. tubetime

Really that outlandish to think that changing the dsp could change the sound? Guess I will find out. Just sent in to get firmware update. Thanks for heads up Donkey!
  4. tubetime

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

McIntosh MC-240 coupling caps to output tubes is 0.22uF McIntosh MC-225 coupling caps to output tubes is 0.25uF I trust McIntosh!
  5. tubetime

Schiit BiFrost II vs Denafrips Ares II?

Yes. works great, sounds wonderful!
  6. tubetime

Aleph J build in donor chassis

Depends of what you want out of your system. For me the numbers are very good!
  7. tubetime

Test results. Pic 1 thd+noise vs freq at one watt 2 freq response 10 to 50000hz. (close to within 0.5dBr from 20 to 20k) 3 Spectrum analyzer (predominantly even harmonic) 4 100hz square wave about 1 watt 5 10000hz square wave about 1 watt
  8. tubetime

Very true! I had a hard time shutting down the system. It pairs up great with the TDA1541 dac!
  9. tubetime

Hats off to Mr. Pass! I love it! Sounds wonderful! Bias is at 0.35v will increase to 0.4v soon. Most of the wire was reused form the Sumo and some was a little shorter than I would have liked for routing but it turned out fine. Will put chassis case all back together soon. Will test amp...
  10. tubetime

Starting to come together.
  11. tubetime

12. tubetime

Thank you! I really have been enjoying that dac. Hoping it will be a great combo with the Aleph J.
  13. tubetime

From Sumo donor chassis. They measure 13x7x1.5
  14. tubetime

Purchased a clean exterior, dead butchered interior Sumo amp for the chassis. Chassis $200 Power transformer 400VA 18V Antek $70 diyaudio store parts $140 Mouser order $180 Total cost $590 Will update as build progresses.
  15. tubetime

TDA1541A-R1 & SAA7220P/A DIY DAC from CHINA

Finally added veneer to the stripped Adcom faceplate. Definitely still my favorite sounding dac.
Back
Top Bottom