Recent content by tubeyea

1. tubeyea

Amazon is prepping a high-fidelity TIDAL competitor

Again, old news. I don’t currently have a dog in this fight, I had Tidal, loved it, loved the military discount, loved the sound. Notice I wrote the sound, not the sine wave. Now an endless stream of detractors have been killing off Tidal for years, I don’t know of a profitable streaming...
  2. tubeyea

Amazon is prepping a high-fidelity TIDAL competitor

lol, welcome to 2019.
  3. tubeyea

Audirvana going subscription

I also realized a noticeable improvement in sound quality with Audirvana which I see with my owned content and with Tidal. I did try Qobuz for a time also and liked it but I stayed with Tidal, the former military discount was greatly appreciated. I like controlling audirvana on the main system...
  4. tubeyea

Lossless Streaming Comparisons.....

remember Tidal lacks smart searches, if you search EOB as the release is actually titled you may find what you’re looking for on Tidal with respect to Ed O’Brien
  5. tubeyea

Lossless Streaming Comparisons.....

That's my MO also, I prefer Audirvana which I run on a mac mini and control from my ipad (Kathy Kosins "Uncovered Soul"album on now) . I've had Tidal lossless pre-MQA and have maintained that relationship with a couple of MQA dacs (the iFi dac was a simple no cost firmware update) I've had Qobuz...
  6. tubeyea

Tidal has been here and is AWESOME !!!!

I have a meridian exp 2 dac and even though it’s very small and portable it has never been completely compatible with an apple I device. It’s not a lightning port issue it’s a exp 2 design issue, that’s not to say it isn’t a fine little dac punching well above it’s weight class but it’s...
  7. tubeyea

Nice to have the MQA capability now on the iPhone, been thinking about that Xdsd dac from ifi, May have to pull the trigger.
  8. tubeyea

Better yet! With former military discount.
  9. tubeyea

Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

I like me some Qobuz, Tidal too, Amazon music? Apple music? Yes to all of them, but let’s be serious, all streaming services from the standpoint of existing as a stand-alone endeavor are in financial trouble. That haven’t turned a profit, not one. Growth and gross revenue are up but so are...
  10. tubeyea

Crown class D 2ch amps..any good?

I’m sure plenty of owners are around enjoying the crown amps but for truly high quality examples of what class D can do look to Mytek or D-Sonic among others. You’ll need to part with $2,000 + however but it will be worth every penny.
  11. tubeyea

My Pre-Amp. Now it kind of does

Its really been fun messing with this thing tonight with Bill Lazwell, Citizen Cope, Beck, Steely Dan and Jozef Van Wissem. Its a lot of fun with my cans also. EQ Curves.
  12. tubeyea

Specifications: Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-850KHz, -3dB Maximum Output: 10V RMS into 10K ohms THD: Less than 0.002%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 2V RMS in/out, pots centered, active stage enabled, less than 0.01% at any potentiometer setting IMD: Less than 0.002%, CCIF SNR: Greater than...
  13. tubeyea

Lets play nice here as this thread has been created to discuss the SchIIt Loki, maybe later a kind of a review but right now just an unboxing and early impression. First off thank you to E-Stat who made the suggestion in what is now a locked thread. The Loki is... the horror, a component tone...
  14. tubeyea

Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

This is a Tidal screenshot but the same offering is on qobuz, pleasantly surprised. Both services sound great.
Back
Top Bottom