Recent content by tuffstuff1

1. tuffstuff1

Owl Eyes

No function. Is actually a relic from my generator rebuilding days. The switch and meter from the old 1940's Weidenhoff DC generator tester. I found a place for them. :)
  2. tuffstuff1

Owl Eyes

I turn them this way when I am sitting in my recliner. For critical listening they are repositioned slightly towed in and closer together.
  3. tuffstuff1

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Stills
  4. tuffstuff1

Owl Eyes

Don't they look cool!
  5. tuffstuff1

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Christmas gift
  6. tuffstuff1

How many power amps is too many?

Hell no....! Way more into SS over tubes. More punch and dynamic. AB test 250's 2100's instead of tubes, SS better. Moon Shadow on tubes better if you wanna go sweepy pie but...
  7. tuffstuff1

How many power amps is too many?

Don't tell anyone. 2-2500's 4-40's 2-225's 2-30's 3-250's 3-2100's 2125 206 Yammie MX1000U M-45 Dynaco ST-70 right off the top.
  8. tuffstuff1

MC275 joins damacman's lair

Nice!
  9. tuffstuff1

M&K Goliath II subwoofer crossover question

I bought a plate amplifier from a M&K Volkswoofer and cut the back out of the sub to mount it. Works great! Took about 15 minutes to do.
  10. tuffstuff1

Show us a picture of your mcintosh system

What powers your sub? I had a lone MC 2100 on mine and it didn't seem to cut it. Is that a H2 if I remember correctly? Ooops ancient post sorry. I'm a little rusty lol.
  11. tuffstuff1

Tu-be or not tube?

You don't know? Oh boy! Keep you password locked.
  12. tuffstuff1

Denon DP-1000 or Yamaha YP-D8... Which would you keep?

The YP-D8 is a poor man's this. http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-GT-2000.html
  13. tuffstuff1

Mc2100 question

Pretty sure you have to strap the 16 ohm taps and hook your speakers to the 16 ohm taps when switched to mono for 8 ohm speakers. I couldn't down load the manual off Berner's site but if my memory serves me.....
  14. tuffstuff1

If you could have any McIntosh amp, which one would it be.

Not asking too much. simple is sometimes better:)
  15. tuffstuff1

MC-40 Restoration(s)- Transformer advice needed

Just installed a CE 55C yesterday. I'll have to watch closely. The original Mallory is stamped 65C. The CE cap is the same OD and lock. Fits right in. It is about 1"shorter than the Mallory. Might mean the difference in temp rating. The two caps were mailed in a box together with peanuts, not...
Back
Top Bottom