Recent content by Turnip

1. Turnip

Phono Channel Hum

Sorry for a necro bump, but in case anyone looks here for a solution it turns out it was 100% an issue with the turntable, as I got a new one at the weekend, plugged it in an no hum at all. My guess is the earthing wire was broken or not connected properly inside the turntable, because...
  2. Turnip

Bluetooth Audio Reciever Recommendations

I did not realise that you could output from them, I'm a bit old fashioned and don't really want to pay for a spy bot in my own house though. But it might be worth looking into. Yeah I had seen these. If I find myself still using this in a year or so it might be something I look into, but...
  3. Turnip

Bluetooth Audio Reciever Recommendations

Hi All. Since recently joining the Spotify revolution, I'm looking for a Bluetooth receiver for my hi-fi system. Currently I'm looking at these 2 units on Amazon (which basically look exactly the same with a different logo on)...
  4. Turnip

What was the last movie you watched?

Glass. I've seen it get some stick but I loved it. If you enjoyed Unbreakable and Split you should definitely see it.
  5. Turnip

Sound cutting out in one speaker on one channel

While listening to my CD channel the right speaker cuts out. It used to be occasional, now it pretty much doesn't work. Any tips for troubleshooting? My plan at the moment is to swap the cables to check that isn't the issue first, then plug the different CD outputs into inputs for other...
  6. Turnip

Do Songs With Distortion Drive You Nuts?

I mostly listen to punk and metal, so by now anything without distortion sounds weirdly clear.
  7. Turnip

Finding Equipment in England

My experience with physical markets has been poor. However general 2nd hand shops have their moments, seen the odd decent thing in my local cash generator, but anything worth getting seems to go fast. Wonder if it's just my area. Still ebay has been the best for me, at least you can just save...
  8. Turnip

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

I'm thinking baout picking up a Knosti Disco Antistat record cleaning machine since I've seen they're pretty good for the price. However one thing I saw was that the fluid which comes with it tends to leave a nasty residue on records, and I've seen people suggesting home made concoctions to...
  9. Turnip

Finding Equipment in England

I've discovered a couple of decent things in Cash Converters actually, though they normally disappear pretty quickly and then there's just a load of tat left.
  10. Turnip

Mid 90's Yamaha, mostly

Really cool looking system, nice one.
  11. Turnip

My Yamahas

Seems to be a lot of Yamaha love on here recently which is good to see. Nice setup.
  12. Turnip

best car of 80's votes

No Mazda MX5 (or Miata)? I am disappointed.
  13. Turnip

Vinyl only spin list

The Stranger Things soundtrack. Loved the music in this show so couldn't resist.
  14. Turnip

What was the last movie you watched?

Baby Driver. Really enjoyed it. Great use of music throughout the film. I'm not normally that interested in action films, but this had enough character to make it stand out and be worth watching.
Back
Top Bottom