Recent content by Tvcollector1

1. Tvcollector1

Tannoy westminster royals build

Her feet were delicately placed by me i was perticular even put a small peice of foam onder the shoe so couldnt be seen in pictures
  2. Tvcollector1

Lo Yes a few people have said that but i placed them on there carefully myself
  3. Tvcollector1

Here are some updated pictures with a photoshoot we had just before i parted with them
  4. Tvcollector1

This has been a great project and an enjoyment to build but sadly i have sold these on for someone else to enjoy. A good friend has bought them and they are close by so i can listen and enjoy anytime, very sad to see them go but for personal reasons they had to. Thanks to all the support on here...
  5. Tvcollector1

They are for sale
  6. Tvcollector1

That is the bases i have put them on to move them around once moved they go flat on the floor
  7. Tvcollector1

Some updated pictures of my tannoys in the sun after some wax look and sound amazing
  8. Tvcollector1

Sonic fronteirs SFL-1 preamp valve static issue

Hi all i have recently purchased a sonic frontier sfl-1 preamp and it starts to sound ok for a few minutes then all of a sudden it gets sharp static in it and the drivers in my speakers nearly jump out of the cabinet like a dc burst Have replaced the valve 12at7 with a fully tested valve and...
  9. Tvcollector1

Pa amplifiers used for valve audio?

I have a few of these australian monitors transistor models can they be used?
  10. Tvcollector1

Pa amplifiers used for valve audio?

I have a few big pa amps at home can the transformers be used for audio output? asume power would be good but been told that the 100v line transformers can be used as an output transformer is this true? thanks
  11. Tvcollector1

so i had the chance to listen to my tannoys on a friends NAIM package cd player amp preamp and dac and sounds amazing however it was lacking resonance. tops and mids were very clear and lows were smooth but it just lacked the sound stage it was more direct the sound didnt travel much. i have...
  12. Tvcollector1

Well finally finished !!! Just finished the grills and i think i went for the right colour love them.
  13. Tvcollector1

thanks guys unfortunatly not i dont think i need to build another set only other speaker that impressed me was the Klipschorns and wanted to build those but my tannoys just dont compare so i think it will be a wast building them as i wont be happy and ive got the tannoys
  14. Tvcollector1

15. Tvcollector1

Stepup transformers for mc cartridges

Ok guys probably a stupid question but stepup transformers for mc cartridges can you use vintage microphone transformers or pa amplifier mic input transformers? What other gear can you find them in and whats the best sort just have so much audio gear i mite be able to find it in them rather than...
Back
Top Bottom