Recent content by twodeko

1. T

KEF owners thread

I'm curious why you believe the MT-1191 tweeters are superior - I bought a pair but was able to find a replacement T33, and have considered swapping them out to see how they sound but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  2. T

KEF 104/2 Restoration

I tightened them in a star pattern until I saw that the grommets were evenly compressed and the washer wasn't cutting into them, which it seemed like happened when they were too tight. It's been a while and I didn't have a torque wrench at the time, so hope that helps. I did some measurements...
  3. T

KEF 104/2 KUBE & software EQ

I've read mixed reviews of the KEF KUBE for their 104/2 speakers and would like to hear for myself, but stumbling across a functioning KUBE at a reasonable price is tough. Without knowing exactly how the KUBE was designed, it's also reasonable to think that software EQ could do a similar or...
  4. T

KEF 104/2 What to do. . .

Good luck with the restoration! I'll echo other comments - I love my pair and it was well worth the time and effort. I've tried both Midwest Speaker Repair replacement tweeters as well as a mis-matched pair of original T33s and think I prefer the sound of the original tweeters with the...
  5. T

KEF 104/2 woofer nut & washer

Hmm, interesting. The nut was flush against the board before I took the picture, so I can definitely set it up with the nut and eyelet. The top woofer isn’t configured that way though and the eyelet is flush against the board. The sealing foam is about the same thickness which is why this...
  6. T

KEF 104/2 woofer nut & washer

I noticed what appears to be an extra nut that's preventing the lower woofer from making a good seal with the cabinet in a KEF 104/2 that I disassembled for a recap. Searching online didn't result in anything useful and most images of the cabinets are blurry or do not show enough detail to...
  7. T

KEF 104/2 Restoration

Thanks for the report and glad the crossover re-cap made an improvement. I'm curious in this since I've done a bunch of frequency response measurements on my 104/2s - can you elaborate on what improvement or change you saw?
  8. T

KEF 104/2, new NAD and Rotel amplifier impressions

Thanks for all the replies! I'm not using a KUBE since one wasn't available when I bought these speakers used and I really enjoyed them without it. The speakers have decent bass with all of the amps I've tried, however the Rotel integrated seems to have better bass response and than either NAD...
  9. T

Thanks for the feedback! Agreed with your comments, but my main curiosity is whether the audible differences in amps makes sense based on others' experience. It seems odd to me that the NAD amplifiers would lack deep bass, even the high WPC C370, or perhaps the Rotel frequency response isn't...
  10. T

I'm currently driving a pair of refurbished KEF 104/2s with a NAD C370 and decided to see how other amplifiers would sound. Each setup was driven with a Topping D30 DAC and not built-in DACs. I purchased a NAD C368 (80 WPC, hybrid class D amplifier) integrated and found that the low frequency...
Back
Top Bottom