Recent content by @udi0$lave

1. @udi0$lave

Bose 4.2 Series 2 question

I was gifted a pair of these today in great cosmetic shape but 1 is missing a tweeter. I've found 1 on fleabay to replace it, but it's the one that's enclosed in plastic, and the one I need is not enclosed. Can I get the enclosure off? Are they the same specs? This is my first pair of Bose, and...
  2. @udi0$lave

Radioshack speakers new life

Recently did a recap (my first one!), refinish, replaced the grill cloth on a pair of Nova 7b's. I love how they turned out and they sound great. 20181121_073106 by @udi0$lave posted Dec 5, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  3. 20181121_073106

20181121_073106

Nova 7b
  4. @udi0$lave

Show us your bedroom system

Recently changed from the Realistic to a Teac Bedroom by @udi0$lave posted Jun 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM 20181201_163555 by @udi0$lave posted Dec 2, 2018 at 2:00 AM
  5. @udi0$lave

Hello Audiophiles!! New member from Ohio.

Welcome from CLE's west side
  6. @udi0$lave

Realistic Nova 7B..recap?

Ah, might be it. 1 is capped and the other is not.
  7. @udi0$lave

Thanks for the great advice everyone ! I installed the new caps from Parts Express and the sound has improved, though not as amazingly as I'd hoped, but I keep comparing them to my NLA's, so.. Anyway, I've now noticed an intermittent pop at higher volumes, from 2 different receivers. Did I do...
  8. @udi0$lave

OK, I got the 7B replacement caps delivered yesterday. What's the best way to get at the crossover?
  9. @udi0$lave

I've found some 15uF/100v replacement caps. Does the voltage matter as much? The current caps are 50v.
  10. @udi0$lave

So all I need is a cap with the same values as the original?
  11. @udi0$lave

Just picked up a nice pair of Realistic Nova 7B's in great shape. I've tried connecting to both an SX-680 and SX-780, and with both receivers, the high frequencies are not very noticeable and it's very bass-heavy. Would a simple recap fix that issue? I'd like to try my first speaker recap but...
  12. @udi0$lave

Royal Receiver (?)

Does anyone know about this brand and/or model? Asking for a friend. Says it's well-made but can't much info on it. Royal 3000 Receiver by @udi0$lave posted Oct 11, 2018 at 1:21 PM
  13. @udi0$lave

Doom Metal

My friend Sean Saley on drums for Pentagram at Hellfest 2012. Pretty sure they did some shows with Saint Vitus that year.
  14. @udi0$lave

Doom Metal

Definitely Doom! I'm good friends with The Skull's former drummer, who also drummed for Pentagram and Bang.
  15. @udi0$lave

Listen Impossible: A Stone Cellar

My basement looks like something out of Silence Of The Lambs.
Back
Top Bottom