UltraVintage
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Todd. Thanks for the heads up. I may have to see if I can get over to that area tomorrow or Saturday. The GWs and SAs that I have been stopping by regularly are on the Eastside and NKY, but they have been really dry recently.
    Andy - At the large GW in Woodlawn just south of Tri-County mall they had a pair of Realistic Nova-15's for $28. ($14 ea. as this is the only GW that prices speakers individually instead of pairs!). Cabinets in good condition with normal usage by the original owner and the shelf wear that seems to happen whenever products like this end up at places like this. Grill covers intact in good shape. One of the Woofers foam surround is completely toast - speaker cone looked OK - the other speaker woofer looked OK but if you're going to refoam one then I'd go ahead and do both. The tweets in both appeared unmolested. IMO these are $10 speakers (pair) with the expense and work required. I think all GW's in area will have electronics, etc. at half off on the 9th (?). Not trying to send GW unwanteds your way but the Nova 6's I got recently are pretty much the same speaker and simply wanted to let you know what was available in the area should you want. TODD
    Andy- Some GW finds since we last emailed. $10 for a pair of Realistic Nova 6 speakers and $15 for a pair of JBL ARC-50's. I have recently started going to a local St. Vincent DePaul and found the remote for my Yamaha AVC-34 amp for 75 cents! I did pass on some KLH AV-1001B speakers tonight for $10 but might go back tomorrow to see if they are still there waiting for me. As always good luck. Just remember - if you find anything good and cheap then I call first dibs and you should hold them for me until I get there! TODD
    Hello - I'm over on the Westside in Sayler Park. I've had some minor luck with the area's GW's but it has been rather thin for the last several months. That said, my latest find (last week) was a new set of Audio Technica AT-706 headphones complete for $7. They were never used and I haven't had the time to try them out yet. Maybe we'll all meet up someday like Dennis mentioned. Best of luck to all of you. TODD
    noticed you are from cincy area.....I live in fairfield....I have the same luck as you with the thrift stores around here because I know at least 5-6 guys that scour this area for vintage gear...give it some luv...and turn on craigslist first for about aweek then ebay...one guy I know in middletown is almost making a living out of it....he does real well and knows how to buy right.....the vintage guys in this area ought to get together sometime......dennis
    Hi. I am actually southeast of Cincy, and I regularly check the GW's in Beechmont, Bellevue, Norwood, Florence, and Hamilton, and also the SA's in Norwood and Eastgate. I very rarely find anything, and the ones in Bellevue and Beechmont both told me that they look stuff up online before pricing stuff, so their stuff is always high even if it is junk (which is ridiculous, it is donated, so they shouldnt be looking to make huge on it considering that it is as is no warranty). If you look at my signature, almost all the gear listed has come from Craigslist. The only GW item there are the AR93's, and the GW in Bellevue had them at $150 until I pointed out to them that the 3 speakers on each one needed to have the surrounds done and they marked them down to $60. It seems to me that for some reason this area is a little more thin on the good gear as well, not sure why. I keep checking them though, hoping that maybe something good will show up finally lol
    Hey, I noticed in the best GW/SA finds thread you are from Cincy (and have the same luck as me at thrift stores) also. What part of town are you in? The only luck at a GW I've had was a Luxman RX-101 for $40. That was at the GW in Glendale (tri-county area). I've found better luck on craigslist.
    Hi. It doesnt look like I can attach it here, so if you send your email address I can email it to you as an attachment. It is a pic I got off the net a long time ago, and you just cant pass up a pic of monkeys with firearms.

Andy
    Hey!
    I love your avatar. I would like to steal it to use on another forum.
    How do I do it?
    Can you send me the gif. address?
    Is that all I need?

A great big slobbery Thank You in advance.

-Richard
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom