Recent content by vanakaru

1. V

Do different CD players sound remarkably different in real?

OK, I forgot about opamp rolling. I have a DAC with this option and LM4562 is cheap enough to try. It'll take few days to arrive.
  2. V

Can obsolete soundcard be used as DAC for CD transporter?

I thought that DAC chip with jitter reduction would be superior on the sound cards. And I was not clear: I am talking about external sound cards - no computer anywhere near at all.
  3. V

Can obsolete soundcard be used as DAC for CD transporter?

I have few sound cards that have no new driver updates or obsolete connections(aka Firewire)and couldn't be used on newer computers. At the time these were very expensive and high grade but are worthless now. These could be bought for few bucks today. So I wonder if these are good for converting...
  4. V

Other day I tested FIIO D03K TAISHAN DAC 24bit / 192khz against my DIY DAC(I can't remember what the name of the kit was) and the difference was eminent on the favour for latter. FiiO line out was dull and boring however headphones sounded somewhat better. By now I am confident that my Cyrus...
  5. V

By have seen tens of CD players I would not worry about small factor - most of the big boxes are full of empty space. Cyrus supposed to be quality(and is rather expensive still) equipment and belongs to "higher end". At least the amp and speakers sound very good. I have had many different...
  6. V

I have thought they do always. Now when I got Cyrus Quattro(aka dAD3) to replace failing cheap Tunex I do not hear any difference. The rest of my system is Cyrus One and Mission 780 so I thought that another Cyrus would be a good match. I have of few CDs multiple copies so I did back-to-back...
  7. V

Cyrus dAD 1 stuck tray

Also for the record: the tray mechanism rubber belt size is 26x1.2mm, strait length 82mm.
  8. V

Cyrus dAD 1 stuck tray

The answer: take off the bottom cover and there is a flat head white plastic screw you turn CCW to open and CW to close
  9. V

Cyrus dAD 1 stuck tray

My dAD1 does not open the tray. Gears inside are making noise but the tray stay locked. I wonder if anybody has experience with this mechanism and can tell me how to release the lock? I got the service manual for dAD 3 that has almost the same transporter, but there is no drawings of the tray...
  10. V

Mission Cyrus Two on the bench

I was searching info for Cyrus ONE and TWO and came across this discussion. I hope you may answer my question. I have ONE v.TOG and TWO v.07. Sonically these are very different - ONE has pleasant mellow characteristic, but lacks treble/spark a bit, TWO has highs too bright and lacks bass...
  11. V

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

You have MkI tables. I like these aesthetically better however at single play mode these work as manual only. Although it will autostop at the end if I remember right. With the stack adapter inserted these work as automatic and can play 6? LPs on the row.
  12. V

Rate these cartridges

You have variety options for ADC stylus, some of these will give exceptional results. So I would put this first, then Shure 95 with ED stylus. And I would keep Shure 44-7 for older problematic records.
  13. V

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

There is a lot complaint about Acutex M4** cart here. The problem is definately arm and cart mismatch. My M410 sounds fabulous on Pritchard ADC40 high compliance stylus/low mass pickup arm tracking around 1g. While my Lab80 likes Pickering V15, Shure M44 and even B&O SP6(but not SP12 that much).
  14. V

Another Salora 2001/Blaupunkt Studio 4001 needs help!

BTW the leaking caps were at the AC/DC block CA6 and CA7 100uF 16V(35V on mine) for 14V rail. If these failed what could these bring down with them? Also the whole schema can be found here: https://anttih.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Salora+schema/Salora+2001+schema.jpg
  15. V

Another Salora 2001/Blaupunkt Studio 4001 needs help!

I have this unit (Blaupunkt 4001) for some years. It's identical to Salora 2001. It sounds great as many have found out. However it developed problems and broke down eventually. I was too lazy to open it up and it kind of worked until stopped with cracking sound. When I took on the repairs the...
Back
Top Bottom