Recent content by Velocityboat

1. Velocityboat

MC2.1KW 75th Anniversary

The MC2500 manual says to get full capable power use a 25 amp connection. But that is likely neede for an industrial shaker table.
  2. Velocityboat

MC2.1KW 75th Anniversary

Supposedly smaller caps in large banks are faster than several larger capacitors. The fewer the caps the better overall reliability. Thus I can see McIntosh using 8 large capacitors versus 100s in other designs.
  3. Velocityboat

MC2.1KW 75th Anniversary

Yes you add them up 536,000 micro Farad of per amp or 1,072,000 more than Gryphon Apex 1,040,000 μF capacitor banks (>Farad/pair).
  4. Velocityboat

New ML-1 MK2

Its also good to see a real 12 inch woofers and someone building something other than 6.5 or 8 inch ported bass again.
  5. Velocityboat

New ML-1 MK2

A nice retro tribute product to Roger Russell https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/speakers/ML1 I only wonder when MK2 of XR series roll out. Not that Zi need another pair. But.
  6. Velocityboat

Recommended McIntosh equipment and experience

Go with something you can bridge or big McIntosh monoblocks. I own a pair of MC2500s they’re are good in stereo mode but bridged even better. I also have MC1000’s and MC1.25KWs monoblocks. The 1.25KWs are the standard for transparency and you don’t have to power them up and wait 45 minutes for...
  7. Velocityboat

MC451 half of a MC901

Another dual mono crossover amp tubes 150W and solid state 300 watts 14k.
  8. Velocityboat

McIntosh MC462 or McIntosh MC-1000 or McIntosh MC-601

My vote is MC1000. They are quite close to MC1.25KW in sound. The 1000 were first quad balanced. My pair were recapped and sitting idle after buying the 1.25KW. They need about 30 min to come to thermal equilibrium and can do 160 amps of high current. One thing they need is vibration isolation...
  9. Velocityboat

MC2600 - Headed to the Dr ...

You’re going to love the bass dynamics you didn’t know you were missing with the new filter caps. Interesting how the comparison to MC2500 s will differ after the tune ups?
  10. Velocityboat

Yeah I figured the 2600 and 1000 are near same age. Makes sense.
  11. Velocityboat

McIntosh XR-7 speakers

I have a mint MQ-107 being unused and a full capacitor kit. I would recommend a McIntosh amp with power guard if your running anything less than 300 wpc. if you did not know the XR7 top comes off and you can stack two of them for a tower just as a XR5.
  12. Velocityboat

Sa Save yourself trouble and give him both units so one is not lagging the other in output. I did that with my MC1000s. They both had same leaking electrolytics. The tech was happy to be able to have both. But final bill was 2.4k dollars. But well worth it.
  13. Velocityboat

Need Service Tech in Texas Recommendations

Talk to Les at Fort Worth Audio. Otis is great too. Les has recapped MC1000s and freshened up a MC2500. Also fixed a Yamaha Pro Amp. Otis went through an MC7106 for me.
  14. Velocityboat

Perfect match for MC1.25kw?

I just replaced my MC1000s with MC1.25KW. I run McIntosh XR290s those are impossible to find. They sound great with current McIntosh line arrays too. The Sonus Faber Aida 2 sounds similar to me but have only heard that at a dealer. I do recommend Biwire or Triwire speaker cables to lose...
  15. Velocityboat

Using HDMI surround sound with vintage gear

I started with a MAC3. Still have a MC7106 use MX150
Back
Top Bottom