vfr800fiman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi I was working on a Pioneer Rt-909 last night. I replaced a few caps and replaced the big ones on the bottom board. The deck was working fine before i changed the caps. Hmmm. Now the vu meter is pegged and there is no sound. I did change out the driver board because i had another one but still the meter is pegged and I have no sound. Any clues on this problem. Thank you anyone. Kim
    I still play guitar, I use an all tube (6L6) Peavey 6505 2x12 combo and I still have my trusty Gibson Explorer '76
    I use Phase Linear amps that have been upgraded with White Oak board components. I had a lot of tube equipment over the years but left it in the dust when I started getting into high end SS. My amp previous to my Phase Linear's was a Mark Levinson 333. If you really want to see what the 901's can do, I would recommend a White Oak Phase Linear. Never heard a better amp in my lfe and I have had a lot of heavy hitters. Flat responses right down to 10hZ, over 250wpc of Fully Complimentary power. Your welcome to come hear it anytime
    I am on South St on the backside of the lake about a halfway between Coventry Pizza and the Nathan Hale Homestead
    I'd be happy to create a test tape with full sets of signals. Now if we can just figure out a way to make a reasonable levels/azimuth tape we'll be golden. Perhaps one we can correlate to several recently calibrated machines to within a dB or two of uncertainty. I know it wouldn't be something good for calibration but at least you can do a quick check to see where a particular set is presently operating. Let me know how that new setup works out.

Take care,
    Amardeep
    That idea of a making a tape to pass around sounds good. I did just that to dial in the GX-625. I have a known good Teac and recorded a 1KHz tone on that. A frequency counter on the GX-625 playback allowed me to confirm the problem and adjust the pot to get correct speed. Let me know if you have access to a freq counter. I can mail you a 3" reel with the recorded tone on it. --Amardeep
    Hello! I was just reading your thread on the GX-625 speed variation. Did you ever get that fixed? If so, what was the final culprit? I recently bought a GX-625 and it has a playback speed problem... some variation (disappeared after some hours of play) and the speed is fast when pitch control is at center. I'm thinking of hitting it with deoxit since it feels very rough when rotated. I'd love to hear how your deck turned out. Thanks, Amardeep
    We use I-deas NX (now owned by Siemens). It's being absorbed by Unigraphics, so the two systems are referred to as UGNX going forward.

Here in the Northeast Pro-E seem to be more prevalent. We do own a few seats of Pro-E for maintaining our legacy data inherited from a company we bought. A few of the guys and myself are trying to learn it, you never know when you might need the experience :)
    All the CAD systems are so similar, it's just learning where the icons are.
    Glenn
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom