Recent content by vincei

1. vincei

New Technics SL-1210GAE (black, limited edition)

Wow so negative...I would like one because it looks nice and has great specs. The "G" model is not a MK7 or a 1500C. The 55th anniversary I suppose is for Technics's development of their direct drive system, not the 1200. Anyway, thought I would post this as I know some people may appreciate...
  2. vincei

New Technics SL-1210GAE (black, limited edition)

From Technics Global: Technics announces the SL-1210GAE Limited Edition Direct Drive Turntable to commemorate its 55th anniversary. Only 1,000 units of the special edition all-black SL-1210GAE are available in the world. Looks nice! Wish I could afford one!
  3. vincei

Technics SP-25 Care and feeding

I had one and liked it very much! The only user maintenance required is to oil the spindle. However, due to age I would look at recapping it at some point. Should be fine to run for now if running well. Technics SP-25 with new Plinth #2 by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr
  4. vincei

Sony V444ES Loud Clicking When Plugged In

I have the same reliever and it's a very good unit. However these models do develop these types of issues over time. My guess would be a cold solder joint somewhere. I never had this issue with mine, but I gave it an overhaul several years ago by re-flowing some solder joints that looked...
  5. vincei

What would be a good upgrade from the AudioTechnica AT95E?

Here is a shot of my VM740ML on the LP120 "X". Sounds great, tracks extremely well (same stylus as the 540ML). I have it mounted on the new Audio Technica AT-LH13H headshell with DIY AUX weight installed. I would stay away from MC's on this series of tables, the noise floor is just too high...
  6. vincei

What would be a good upgrade from the AudioTechnica AT95E?

AT-VM540ML would be my recommendation at your budget. I have the AT-VM740ML and it uses the same stylus as the 540, so it should sound similar. I really like the new VM series, both the entry level and higher end models.
  7. vincei

Audio Technica VM540mla blows away Ortofon Blue

The new VM line is fantastic. I have the VM740ML and it's perhaps, overall, the best cartridge I have used so far. (compared to the 150MLX, OC9II, Stanton 881S, ect). The new line is a little more balanced in the top end compared to previous generations IMO. Highly recommended.
  8. vincei

Recommend me a cart and needle please

Audio Technica VM740ML is fantastic, I have one. Tracks amazing and has a very balanced sound (to my ears) compared to the previous generation models.
  9. vincei

atvm95e nude, worth it?

Go straight to the ML if you can, that will be a night a day difference.I have the conical and the bonded elliptical and like the conical better, so not sure the nude will make a big difference. But, the ML cut is another world.
  10. vincei

Can the Vinyl Veterans recommend me a record brush

Another vote for the NEW Audioquest antistatic brush, it's great, much better than the old one for me and it's not too expensive.
  11. vincei

Fun with vintage esoterica

JP, your selection of gear is right up my alley! Love the late 70's, early 80's Japanese stuff, like Technics, Sony, ect...love your posts and admire your skills!
  12. vincei

Woes Of An Aging Audiophile

I "hear" you, barely. I too suffer from hearing loss, fairly severely on my right side. I can hear up to about 9k on that side and about 13k on the other. I also have no hearing below 70hz on that right side with a constant hum. So needless to say, it sucks. My days of serious listening are...
  13. vincei

MicroLine Or Shibata Which Is ‘Better’?

Having had both, ML always wins in terms of tracking the inner grooves and high frequency tracing due to it's very special "ridge" cut. From my experience, the ML pulls the most high frequencies from an LP, so it can be brighter than other shapes which "gloss" over the highs. ML also has the...
  14. vincei

Upgrading from an AT-VM95E to an AT-VM95ML

I've been a ML stylus user since around 1989. I will use no other shape and I have tried most of them. The tracking ability is second to none. Currently have a AT-VM740ML and it's fantastic. That said, stylus cantilever and suspension does also make a difference. The higher in the ML range you...
  15. vincei

Need help to identify Shure VN5XMR stylus

I would say the top one is Soundsmith and bottom "NOS".
Back
Top Bottom