Recent content by Vintage Unit

1. V

My new MCS 3249

Here are pics. It may all be moot...I found out that all but 2 of the switches are bad, which means soldering, which is bad, which means I'll have to learn which will cost money or pay someone to do it which costs money...and this unit isn't worth spending money on. I think the foam liquified...
  2. V

MCS 3260 Tuner bar and buttons FIXED!!

well I'll try just replacing the foam and see how that works. I could be wrong but it doesnt look like it should be expensive to pay someone to solder in new switches if its needed. Is there a reason why springs cant work in place of foam?
  3. V

I cant even tell how the switches mount to the board, and I'm not inclined to pull on them too hard to find out. It might be something better left alone for someone with my lack of skill. But I'm a little confused about how the buttons engage with the switch. The switch rod/activator (or...
  4. V

My new MCS 3249

ah..reading other threads suggests it might be a capacitor, in which case I'm uckfayed. No worries, I'm more concerned about getting the tunng switches working which I'll really need if my memory is toast
  5. V

My new MCS 3249

I never did find my memory battery. Help? Anyone have a picture of what it should look like?
  6. V

First I need to figure out if I have the skill to do any of this...is soldering involved? Then probably not. I can sweat a 3/4 copper pipe but thats the extent of my experience with solder.
  7. V

alas, my tuning bar foam has gone breasts up...looks like its time for the job.
  8. V

JVC R-X40

Too late. Someone snagged it for $10. But I figured due to lack of response it was nothing to get too excited over.
  9. V

Thanks for the pics! I was looking for rope foam (or foam rope) at Menards the same day I picked up my 3249. You must have used the 3/8", as that was the smallest they had. I wasn't sure if that would be small enough but it must be. Fortunately mine still work, for now...
  10. V

My new MCS 3249

Here's the innards in case anyone's interested. I saw NEC in there somewhere, as I expected to.
  11. V

Did you ever get yours fixed? Its a shame the pictures have vanished from this thread, it would have been very useful to me as I'm sure I'll need to work on my buttons eventually.
  12. V

My new MCS 3249

It seems to have held overnight. Maybe having the unit on for a few hours last night charged that baby up. But I need to go in there at some point to look at the tuning bar so I'll see what kind of battery it is. Thanks!
  13. V

JVC R-X40

Is this worth having, and for how much? Seems reviews are mixed from its a great unit to blehhh not so much. I see one on a local auction.
  14. V

My new MCS 3249

What might be the cause of the memory loss? Please say its something that doesn't require intelligence or soldering. Not that I care that much. It takes 5 seconds to retune.
  15. V

Why bother when you have internet FM?

To get off the freeking internet
Back
Top Bottom