Recent content by vintagejapan

1. vintagejapan

Luxman M-05 left channel volume few db less than right channel

Am going through everything since I have it open on the bench. Any recommendations replacements for the drivers on the main amp board will be much appreciated. Q214,Q215 on the schematics 2SC2336,2sa1006 2sc2336 measures hfe 61
  2. vintagejapan

This amp is a pain to work on. I had done a recap about 10yrs back, used Nichicon KZ muse series. Decided to check all the caps and replaced them with Vishay BC series 105C. 3 caps on the main board of the weaker channel measured around 150uf instead of 220uf. Assembled back together and voila...
  3. vintagejapan

Some progress, I have the amp on the bench and everything is perfect. Playing through my laptop both left and right channel are matched in volume. However, when connecting to my preamp( and I tried 2 preamps and different rca cables) the left channel volume is weaker. The preamps connected with...
  4. vintagejapan

One more thing I noticed, hopefully will be pointing me in the right direction. When activating the "standby" switch, some low volume distorted sound keeps coming on the left channel (the low volume one). I have replaced the relays on both PSU boards. Will replace the relays on left main amp...
  5. vintagejapan

Hi, I have some issues with my Luxman M-05. The amp was not used for sometime, after turning on recently the left channel volume is considerably less than the right channel. The amp was recapped a few years back, and all supply voltages and bias measure correctly. I am using the direct in...
  6. vintagejapan

Yamaha B2 - the "why" and the "how" of a comprehensive rebuild

@rottalpha provided the caps and I think they were the type II You will need 50mm max diameter on the caps. The ones that will fit are either type I or type II Type III is 63mm and will not fit
  7. vintagejapan

Forgot to mentioned that also replaced the dual input jfets on the drivers board. The completed B-2 has the Toshiba dual fet from Pete. And loving that selector board
  8. vintagejapan

One of the lucky ones that just finished a B-2 for a fellow here down under with all 3 boards upgrade from @rottalpha. Amazing work everything laid up beautifully and the boards are top quality. I have been lucky enough to have a few Yamaha Vfets go through my hands and own all the B's(although...
  9. vintagejapan

Yamaha B-2 Rebuild

Beautiful work!
  10. vintagejapan

Yamaha B-3 Rebuild

Beautiful rebuild. Thank you for sharing
  11. vintagejapan

An NS-2000 saga...

Crossover https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/12-64286-34102-00.html
  12. vintagejapan

An NS-2000 saga...

Keeping the crossover original. Ideally would like to install a switch that enables use of internal crossover or bypasses the crossover and enables use of external crossover powering each driver separately.
  13. vintagejapan

An NS-2000 saga...

@Dr.EarThank you for the info and pic. So the old ones just unscrew out? Don't need to get behind(inside enclosure)
  14. vintagejapan

An NS-2000 saga...

Very nice system 808_state. Love the NS-2000. Anyone changed the binding posts on them? Thinking to convert mine to better connectors.
  15. vintagejapan

An NS-2000 saga...

Killer combo!
Back
Top Bottom