Recent content by virak

1. virak

Can anyone ID this preamp kit?

Didn't notice the "standbuy"! Might not be a good sign... On the other hand the owner seems to have ran a Kuzma Stabi 2 turntable at some point, which should be a rather good sign.
  2. virak

Can anyone ID this preamp kit?

This popped up for sale locally, anyone know what we're looking at? Might get sweet deal on it ;)
  3. virak

SL-1200 Mk2 Tonearm bearings?

Can you guys show us how you go about doing this? I have an SL-1210Mk2 sitting here with a busted bottom bearing. Since I've got a couple of spare gimbals with the exact same issue (repair leftovers, some morons fought in a local bar and crashed into the DJ set-up) it would be great if I could...
  4. virak

Pics of your listening space

I see you're quite the Mathmos enthusiast, the IO isn't exactly cheap! But what's that terrarium thingy? I think I'd like one of those!
  5. virak

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Nice Luna chair. Those things are comfy!
  6. virak

No, the relay hasn't been fixed. I've moved houses etc, so it's been on the backburner. -Tom

No, the relay hasn't been fixed. I've moved houses etc, so it's been on the backburner. -Tom
  7. virak

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

20211003_133324 by virak posted Jan 11, 2022 at 8:45 PM Pukeberg (Sweden) mushroom lamp from the 60s. Fleamarket score :D
  8. virak

I still have it, but the relay for MM/MC went bust, and is hard to find. The only solution is to...

I still have it, but the relay for MM/MC went bust, and is hard to find. The only solution is to hardwire the phono stage to either MM or MC or build a custom relay. I don't think it's economically wise to ship an amp to Norway for repairs ;)
  9. virak

Distortion on Technics 1210s DJ setup... Help, please :(

Well, times change, and the Ortofon OM Broadcast is no longer made. Ortofon recently found a box of deadstock in the back of their warehouse or something, but they don't make them anymore. There's no profitable market for that cartridge. Most vinyl DJs (in the modern, mainstream sense of the...
  10. virak

It took a year but I got a Shure Cartridge!

The Audio-Technica lifters are very nice and all (I have the OG version), but have you considered trying to find a nice SL-1600Mk2? IMO it's the perfect TT for casual listening, and most of the mods for the SL-1200Mk2 are applicable. It even has a repeat function for those occasions where you're...
  11. virak

Well, congrats with new carts! I'm glad you didn't settle for the Groove Tools. That would be a d*mn shame with such a nice set-up. So, apart from the distortion issue, would you say the XP7's are a significant upgrade from the Whitelabels?
  12. virak

Yep, just some tiny pieces of paper is enough. The arms on the 1210's have very low friction bearings.
  13. virak

The Kabusa test only checks the horisontal bearings. Here's a way to check the vertical ones: https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=117694
  14. virak

It's indeed really strange... If it distorts with brand new and and unplayed records, then there's something else. Did you do the bearing tests?
Back
Top Bottom