Recent content by vitorzoom

1. vitorzoom

Dynaco ST 70 - 8ohm speaker connection

I'm in doubt about the connection of 2 speakers of 8ohm in the outputs of the Dyaco ST 70, I don't want to make any mistake. Drawings or photos are welcome. thank you for your attention
  2. vitorzoom

One piece you regret getting rid of.Just one

YAMAHA NS 1000, and !000 M
  3. vitorzoom

Sony SB-5335 system selector

I've known this selector from Sony since the late 70's, when audio stores used it to demonstrate different speakers or tape decks. The choice was easier, because with the same amplifier we could choose the speakers that we liked the most. This was in the good old days of audio. If you have a lot...
  4. vitorzoom

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Yamaha ns 1000, Yamaha ns 1000M, B&WDM 640i
  5. vitorzoom

Famous musicians stereo gear

I read a long time ago that Armstrong had an Ampex reel tape
  6. vitorzoom

Storing LPs: How tight is too tight ?

In short, lp's need a flat and resistant surface. They must be in a horizontal position without the need to be squeezed, but always maintaining verticality. excuse my carelessness, but I think it's clear now
  7. vitorzoom

Storing LPs: How tight is too tight ?

In short, lp's need a flat, sturdy surface. They must be in a vertical position without the need to be squeezed, but always maintaining verticality.
  8. vitorzoom

Noisy Vinyl Even After Cleaning

Yes, the quality of new vinyls on average seems to me to be lower than in past decades. One thing that can contribute to a constant noise like frying potatoes in addition to being a very executed vinyl is the poor quality of the turntable, low quality of the capsules and needles, and worn...
  9. vitorzoom

Sony TA-2000F repair

I greatly appreciate your response. When I recaped mine a few years ago, I also changed the volume potentiometer for Alps, "the Blue" and I had the same impression, the volume is more linear, the sound is more balanced between the channels, and at the corresponding volume the 11 hours the volume...
  10. vitorzoom

Sony ES hype?

I had for a short time a Sony TCK 615S, manufactured in 1994, with 3 heads and dolby S. Compared to my dear Sony TC 177, the first 3-head Sony deck manufactured in 1974, which I keep in good condition until today, the difference in sound quality is, to say the least, astonishing. This...
  11. vitorzoom

Sony TA-2000F repair

Hello Akabek, I have a pre just like yours and I assure you that all your work will pay off. I would like to know what change you noticed with the new Alps volume pot. Good luck and keep us informed of developments.
  12. vitorzoom

Akai GX 4000D outter capstan for 71/2 ips won't come off

Just a reminder, I already had a little difficulty removing the 7/1/2 speed capstan, due to the lack of cleaning in the 3/3/4 capstan. The tape impregnated in the capstan makes it difficult to remove the pulley.
  13. vitorzoom

Sony TA-2000F repair

Maybe some transistor, After more than 50 years
  14. vitorzoom

RIP Tom Verlaine

Jeff Beck, David Crosby and now Tom Verlaine. I'm feeling orphaned.
  15. vitorzoom

Akai GX4000-D fluctuating speed

If you are using Ampex 456 tape for example, this is most likely the cause as this tape is sticky. Or Sony ULH tapes among others
Back
Top Bottom