Recent content by vmartell

1. vmartell

AT-LP7 Alignment

Indeed! Just kind of sticking to recommended set up as per AT - assuming it is a good , safe one.
  2. vmartell

AT-LP7 Alignment

OH YOU ARE RIGHT Hate it when they change things like that! Good thing you noticed - I did not. I will double check with the included headshell/cart combo
  3. vmartell

AT-LP7 Alignment

Right make sense - whatever geometry is achieved with 52 ( or 50 ) mm, straight in the shell, should coincide with the protractor implementing that exact geometry for the turntable - now that I think about it, well... :D Would love to know what the geometry is for the AT-LP7 at 50mm, straight...
  4. vmartell

AT-LP7 Alignment

Thanks! Guess is a good way to check the eyeballing for the initial setting. Appreciated
  5. vmartell

AT-LP7 Alignment

Hello, Have been using the AT-LP7 with he included cart but updating the stylus - have been great. However, have a set of carts that would like to try. I do have a question about alignment. I asked this over at the Audio Technica Q&A site for the AT-LP7, but since have not gotten any replies...
  6. vmartell

Shocking TT price.

They can! But the mechanism is different (and probably very nasty)! That's the problem with those regimes... they, of course, are worse than what they originally tried to solve... But that is a separate issue. v
  7. vmartell

Shocking TT price.

True dat - but remember, it is all subjective... I think/believe that buying a $250K car is intrinsically stupid... that is, no matter how much money you have, whether you can afford it or even if you are so rich is just the same as $25 to you... it doesn't matter... it is dumb, IMHO. BUT...
  8. vmartell

Shocking TT price.

Of course - but free market does not mean "freedom from opposition" - that is, other important forces in free market are consumer driven. Because the role of the consumer in the free market is an important one. AND PART OF THE FREE MARKET! If the op starts a campaign against $200K or $1M...
  9. vmartell

Audio Technicas Anniversary turntable - what ye say?

Read somewhere the Technics sl-100c and sl-1500 are NOT built in Japan in order to offer the lower price. Might be wrong as I can't find the reference, but it does make sense.... v
  10. vmartell

Elitist prejudice. The sure sign of someone that doesn't know is that they do the easy thing - spend a lot so there is a chance the product is good. Those who know, get 90% of the performance for 10% of the price. v
  11. vmartell

Let's look at the specs for the following european made ~$1200 turntables https://pro-jectusa.com/product/debut-pro-s-turntable/ https://pro-jectusa.com/product/x1-b-turntable/ Now let's look at the specs for the following $500 turntable...
  12. vmartell

Does yours wobble? Which model do you own? :D v
  13. vmartell

Sure! But my point is that the European TTs should also do that - and many don't see it like that! Well, IMHO, YMMV, you do you, if you love the european TTs ! :D v
  14. vmartell

How long did yours last? when did it break? Have been running an AT-LP7 since 2019 with no issues. Before that, had an AT-LP1240 than ran perfectly for 4 years and still is my backup. Between those, I tried to "upgrade" to European TTs - First a Pro-Ject that arrived DOA, then its replacement a...
  15. vmartell

AT does that, guessing there is variability and they don't wanna lie. Have read somewhere several measurement labs ( I think Australian Hi-Fi Magazine commissioned it) has measured, OTHER (TBF) AT turntables and it has come out at good values, within the range of good W&F values. Something...
Back
Top Bottom