Recent content by vmedia

1. V

SX-1010 weak bass on right channel

Hello. I've looked through as many SX-1010 thread I could find and am having an issue that I have not seen addressed. I am repairing an SX-1010 for a friend (prior to my receiving, it appears to have been full recapped and all suspects transistors replaced) and have solved most issues , but...
  2. V

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

I understand - wasn't thinking that cartridge alignment might cause friction, but possibly the tracking issue. If the lever is creating undue friction on the arm base (presumably #86 resides inside the arm base tube of #82) - is there a way for me to determine this beyond loosening the screw...
  3. V

I checked and that screw is very tight (won't budge) - It appears that this screw is meant to be tight (?) my arm doesn't move much (if at all) when I try lifting it from the back (I assume you meant to try lifting part #5?) Nothing seems to be binding - any chance this could be a product of...
  4. V

Thanks for the advise. I did as you suggested and I'm not feeling/seeing and rough spots, however, the arm is not as loose as those on my other turntables. This one travels a few inches and stops unless I give it a solid shove. "Arm friction" is a good way to describe what seems to be happening...
  5. V

Thanks for the response. The hook is completely clear of the lifting bar when the arm is in the down position.
  6. V

Hello. I've read through this fascinating thread a couple times and have not found an answer to my LAB 80 (series I) challenge. Doesn't mean it's not here, as I would no be surprised that I just missed it. Here's my situation: Picked up a very good condition LAB 80 from my local Goodwill for $30...
  7. V

Hello - I have been slowly restoring an LAB 80 and have read this thread to page 40 thus far. So, apologies in advance if my two questions have already been answered. Will continue to read all pages, but would appreciate a kick start to any posts that address the following: 1) Despite replacing...
  8. V

2270 Power Issue

Hello. I've just received a Marantz 2270 from a friend with a known bad power switch band-aid solution. I have removed that disaster and before I wire in a new switch (jumped brown/yellow switch wires) am assessing what else may be wrong. On DBT - I am not seeing any dial lamps and relay is not...
  9. V

Marantz 1120 Amp board Transistor recommendations

@DDickey Apologies for missing your post. I've been away on business. I'm certain I did solve this issue, but will need to pull the unit out and look under the hood to remind me of the solve. I'm off work this week so should be able to check soon. More to come!
  10. V

Pioneer sx-9000 tuner help

Well, I finally figured this out. It was a bad solder joint (old one) on the head amp. I did not know that the am/fm signal could be impacted by this board, but apparently it is. Along the way I determined that the stereo indicator lamp was not working properly due to a bad transistor on the MPX...
  11. V

Thanks - I have cleaned the signal switch multiple times, but will give it another go. I'll also trace signals to see if I'm dropping signal before it gets there. Of course, seems conspicuous because AM (presumably) is connected to this switch with one wire, so something is keeping that mono...
  12. V

Both are registering. Appears normal to me (showing strong signal) Anything specific I should be looking for? Is there a path that both am and fm signals meet? Seems like there’s something downstream of signal reception that is impacting both am/fm left side (?)
  13. V

Hello. Hoping an expert here can help me figure out this one. I have a Pioneer sx-9000 that I’m bringing back to life and all was well with tuner before I replaced a dead pointer lamp and stereo light. now, both FM and AM only make sound on right channel. Both channels work with aux and phono. I...
  14. V

Sx-9000 no sound on left channel with tuner

Hello. Hoping an expert here can help me figure out this one. I have an sx-9000 that I’m bringing back to life and all was well with tuner before I replaced a dead pointer lamp and stereo light. now, both FM and AM only make sound on right channel. Both channels work with aux and phono. I hear a...
  15. V

au-517 relay blinking than continuous clicking (still blinking light)

Dc is set at 0 both channels. bias at 20mvdc further thoughts?
Back
Top Bottom