Recent content by VtgLife

1. V

Turntable for Signet TK10ML Micro Line Cartridge

I have the signet TK 10 ML, outfitted with a NOS Audio Technica atn23a, beryllium cantilever and maybe the nicest elliptical I've seen. Wouldn't even call it an elliptical honestly. I grabbed two new in the boxes years back when I found them. Knowing they're rare. Still have one in the box...
  2. V

Styli advise Signet TK9LC

Not to revive a 7 year old thread but I couldn't agree more. I have a Signet TK 10ML, and needed a stylus. I got lucky and found a guy I used all the time. He had everything vintage, or could find it, at one point. I immediately bought two NOS in the box, ATN23a stylus. This was years ago. I...
  3. V

New Production Tung-Sol EL34B Boomy

Did you get a chance it compare? As I'm still looking for something modern that can compare to my xf2s. Specifically in the midrange. Up front, musical, etc. Thanks I've used and own the eh 6ca7s which are beefy and reliable, which is important in my Bell carrilion 6060, which runs tubes very...
  4. V

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Very nice. Great stylus there
  5. V

So years later and I'm literally back to the same old dilemma. Use the Signet TK10ML MM cart with the AT23a Prism elliptical stylus with beryllium cantilever Or go with the Empire EDR 9 MI cart, with original LAC stylus and boron vapored aluminum cantilever Only reason I bring this up is I...
  6. V

Tesla E83CC, any opinions?

Literally the last thing they are is microphonic. They're almost impervious to microphonics because of the frame grid construction. Thats the point. You must have had the wrong tube. You could drop these guys from a table and it woudnt effect the internal construction too. One of the quietest...
  7. V

Reviews of Klipsch KG4 please

Yeah there's definitely something about these guys with tube gear. It's like they were made for it. And the impedance curve isn't even perfect, but it doesn't matter. It's unreal. So I agree. It's why I didn't have an issue with putting money into the Diaphragms and Crossovers. And why I bought...
  8. V

Reviews of Klipsch KG4 please

Disagree. But to each his own. I've used ADS with my tube amp, and while they made amazing speakers, I like the KG4s better with my 30wpc tube amp. And I'm actually a bigger fan of 2 ways with tube gear too so it works out. I mean the KG4s can be haunting with tube gear and have all the detail I...
  9. V

New Klipsch vs old klipsch vs...

Never had that issue with mine.
  10. V

KG4’s ?

You know I forgot all about them. I remember being interested in them awhile back. Thanks man. . Might be the way I go. Take care.
  11. V

KG4’s ?

Gonna have to disagree there. Some people actually prefer the 2 way sound and the highs on the KG4s. They also image better. I would go Forte II with crites upgrades if I was going to change out my KG4s. But honestly, the KG4s are imo one of the best speakers out there of tube amps. I actually...
  12. V

Sounds like you had a defective edr9. I've never heard any if the things you mentioned with mine. And never heard anyone else say these things. One of the best sounding carts I've ever used. And I've used signet tk10mls, AT 25s, Empire 2000s, 1000s etc. Newer $1000 carts that it absolutely...
  13. V

Klipsch KG4: 4 ohm or 6 ohm?

Even better. They actually sound best on sturdy stands like you've mentioned. Mine are on floor with angles 2 inch stands and when I sit down and am at ear level they sound so much better. So having them up in the air at all times would be ideal
  14. V

I saw you rebuilt a Scott 233 awhile back. My father recently bought one, all original, and he's...

I saw you rebuilt a Scott 233 awhile back. My father recently bought one, all original, and he's having some issues. Distortion, etc. He recently got throat cancer, this was supposed to lift his spirits, and now hes just more upset obviously He wants to have it recapped but keep that original...
  15. V

Another couple reasons why replacement aftermarket stylus just don't cut it with Empire. Nothing like an empire imo. They put so much not only into their catridge designs, but especially their stylus designs. From the highly polished jewel quality diamonds that were cut and polished after being...
Back
Top Bottom