Recent content by WarriorAnt

1. WarriorAnt

SANSUI AU-505 Pictures & Questions

hello! How did things turn out with your 505? I have the same production date you have. it is the last of the 505's production line from what I understand. your boards look just like my 505 with the same missing capacitors C815. C816. it also has the same resistor/ceramic capacitor...
  2. WarriorAnt

Once more Sansui transistor substitutions

Thanks for the reply! This wil be quite helpful.
  3. WarriorAnt

Once more Sansui transistor substitutions

Also looking for 2SC281 substitute. And 2SA640 2SC875 2SC1211 2SA697 2SC1124
  4. WarriorAnt

Sansui AU-555A Rebuild Cap Coupled Goodness

Did you ever get to compare a COG and Wima FKP on the amp board of the 505?
  5. WarriorAnt

Sansui AU-777A xmas break rebuild

You should heatshrink since the electrodes here could fall onto the chasis. But heat shrink was a bit fiddly the way I had soldered onto the resistors at a right angle (which was on purpose because of how I want to tuck the wires neatly). So I used some liquid 'electrical tape' - nasty smelling...
  6. WarriorAnt

sansui au-666 refurb advice + one channel noisy

Might want to ship that one back to the states so you can do a thorough refurb.
  7. WarriorAnt

Sansui 505 Rebuild Wolf in Sheep Clothing in 5 steps!

Thanks for the replies!
  8. WarriorAnt

Not much attention seems to be paid to the headphone out of the 505 in any of the rebuilds I've seen. From the schematic it appears that the headphone out comes right off of the C 819/820 caps with one resistor in each path. Respectively R 861/862 470 ohm. This seems like a nice resistor to...
  9. WarriorAnt

Thanks for passing this idea on! Looks very convenient. Do you have a sleeve on the nearby capacitor to protect it from heat emitting from the new rail rectifier? Where does one get those?
  10. WarriorAnt

I also noticed that in your excellent 555A build that you used a pair of bipolar caps at C807/808 for reasons explained in that thread. But here on the 505's F- 1266-1 board you went with Silmic's I believe. I was just curious if the same reasons for a pair in the 555A also pertains to the 505...
  11. WarriorAnt

What value are the Wima's that you used at C801/802? 47pF?
  12. WarriorAnt

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

listening Space. DIY stands, rack, and broadband acoustic panels. Bass traps, diffusion, clouds to come.
  13. WarriorAnt

AU-505 recap questions

HYPERION helped me out with a link to the sites databases for the schematics. thanks again!
  14. WarriorAnt

Looking for Sansui AU 505 Schematics

WOW! Thanks for the links and the help. I did not realize how in depth and amazing this website is.
Back
Top Bottom