Recent content by wascobi

1. wascobi

Bell & Howel AX5000 quad reciever

Heres a quick pic
  2. wascobi

Bell & Howel AX5000 quad reciever

Hi all. Been a while since i posted. Working on something im told is quite rare. 125 watts. After an initial cleaning inside and out, it sounds great. Looks cool too. Blue dial and meter like my early Pioneers. I cant find any info on it. Anyone here have one? Thanks
  3. wascobi

sx 680 vinyl woodgrain lifting

hi picked up a mint 680 at a garage sale. pretty much flawless and performs like a champ. only issue ( besides two burnt out dial bulbs ) is the vinyl wood grain covering. it is lifting on a couple of edges. I imagine just a bit of glue, and use a flat plastic applicator to squeeze out air...
  4. wascobi

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

sigh... I tried a new laser on my favorite, a Luxman D-105u. no luck. as it stands now, it loads, spins up and reads the number of tracks and the total play time. it then spins, then spins faster, then stops. I saw a thread where someone fixed one of these by replacing a diode. I guess I need a...
  5. wascobi

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

I suppose I'm in this club now as well. I picked up my 1100A earlier this summer. plexi lid, wooden tone board, SME arm and an MC cart. I bought it from the original owners wife. it has been in a box for about 20 years. I had Innovative Audio clean it up for me. still have not spun it, but it...
  6. wascobi

RCA plugs for Technics SL-23

find some originals on craigs or e_ay.
  7. wascobi

Speakerlab questions and opinions

josh, I have a pair of factory built 7wa's. bought from the original owner as well. a real find.
  8. wascobi

What LP have you had the longest???

Elton johns greatest hits. in grade 5. my grampa hated benny and the jets.
  9. wascobi

Steely Dan Nightfly TT on cover

no idea. but I agree, one of the top five. still have the copy I bought the day it was released. over an hour drive back home. must have spun it six times that night.
  10. wascobi

Surprising Speakers From Technics

a pair of these have been on my list a long time. you never know what the next garage sale will have!
  11. wascobi

Why are CD Players so uninteresting?

I still like looking at my Luxman D-105u
  12. wascobi

Pioneer HPM 1500s - Lucky Find

his wife wouldn't let him take the speakers, bought in korea while in the military... some of you call it the waf, I call it the mps. I thought you left no one behind...
  13. wascobi

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

heres my baby. mid '70s Apollo. had a dark green one in '72. this is the closest I can find to it. new tires/tubes and brake pads. a couple drops of oil. I love riding this thing. takes me bake 40 years.
  14. wascobi

Speakerlab fans : upload your speakers here!

yep, they are monsters. it was bad enough moving the 200's. my nuts just about flew out lifting those myself... the word I would use to describe them? sublime.
  15. wascobi

Kid's Martin guitar dump find

what kind of morons leave town for work, and leave all those valuables behind? and obviously no insurance. its a head shaker...
Back
Top Bottom