Recent content by WillRobinson

1. WillRobinson

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

7k after restoration seems reasonable to me considering the Mc equipment looks to be in very good cosmetic condition. the 240 was probably sitting in the base of the console its whole life, so the paint should be excellent.
  2. WillRobinson

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

IMO with all that gear being unrestored and un-tested 5k is top dollar, a friend deal would be more like 4k. Those are great consoles but without speakers are not worth much. I have the same console with speakers. The matching speakers are the easiest Barzilay speakers to find but would likely...
  3. WillRobinson

Real JBL Paragon for sale Phoenix Metro area

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/406873718698800 Those are the same photos from this FBM ad listed in my area for the past month or so. The ad was marked Sold a couple days ago. Perhaps this person bought it and is now trying to flip it using the same photos? It is clearly not an...
  4. WillRobinson

Can someone tell me how much are these tannoy speaker worth?

You could try contacting Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio in LA. He would probably have an answer being one of the largest Tannoy dealers in the country.
  5. WillRobinson

I know nothing of these Sansui and Marantz units. Worth the asking $

That is one of Dave Culver's scam listings, I usually just flag them and keep scrolling.
  6. WillRobinson

Sierra Madre CA JBL Hartsfield clones, Stephens Tru-Sonic P-30 horn

It appears the speakers have made their way to Westminster, CA and are now for sale for $9250 after being loaded with JBL pro components. This seller attributes the cabinets to Acousti-Craft. He also claims Acousti-Craft built cabinets for JBL before production was moved in-house, I think he may...
  7. WillRobinson

IRS V Auction

That's them($50k pair)! You can tell they are the same by the pattern in the rosewood. Interesting that he no longer mentions the upgrades/restoration in the description.
  8. WillRobinson

IRS V Auction

I was considering bidding on that pair, I wasn't able to inspect them in person and the auction house had very little knowledge of the working condition of the drivers. If I recall correctly they were completely un-tested. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the headache if all of the EMIMs...
  9. WillRobinson

Sierra Madre CA JBL Hartsfield clones, Stephens Tru-Sonic P-30 horn

I just came across these speakers on ebay, or at least what remains of them, the empty cabinets. Its a shame that they were gutted, but I suppose it was predictable if you assume that these are home made cabinets. I have a different theory though after taking a second look. I believe they...
  10. WillRobinson

Tweeter?

Do I spy a Pioneer(Fukuin) PM-12A in that photo? Amazingly rare driver if so.
  11. WillRobinson

Ken Fritz - his "Million Dollar System" up for Auction

The StereoNiche channel on Youtube made a video about the auction results, He is particularly impressed by @nolasally's new ST-70!
  12. WillRobinson

Mystery Speakers

Two pots indicates a three-way load. If you're lucky it could be the same as these: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/help-need-help-identifying-1960s-huge-pioneer-mystery-speakers.854040/
  13. WillRobinson

GR Research is cookin' up some very interesting "old school" 3-way (kit) speakers

When performing quasi anechoic measurements(as Danny does with the Clio system) there is a window of time between the moment the primary soundwave reaches the microphone and the secondary reflection from the floor, roof or walls. Wavelengths which are longer than this period cannot be accurately...
  14. WillRobinson

NIB ESS AMT1D Speakers - Sacramento, CA

Pretty interesting. I think this is the first time I've ever see the old ESS boxes, and these are still sealed! I wonder what the story is? No affiliation https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/269236946094845
Back
Top Bottom