Water Works

Share This Page

winters860

Super Member, 35, from Dirtbag, Ohio

winters860 was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:23 PM
    1. roadie1
      roadie1
      Joe, I sleep on the couch tonight but I get to keep my gear. Sorry about the blue light special.
      r1
      1. winters860 likes this.
    2. roadie1
      roadie1
      Long time, Joe. You bought several pieces years ago from roadie1 in Chillicothe. Ring a bell? I have a few nice things you may have interest in. Mostly speakers.

Let me know and I'll list them for you. Hope all has been well.
      Mark at 740-649-1039.
    3. Panamafred
      Panamafred
      Hey so glad that they made it in time for some pre-show jamming! I thought she'd like the "not for kids only" my daughter sure did!

Have fun at the show!
    4. gjtpgh121
      gjtpgh121
      winters860, Hi. I saw your post about a local sale in the Dayton, Ohio area. I live in Pittsburgh and am thinking the trip out and back may be worth it, especially if you can possibly set me up with a turntable. I see you have a lot of gear, maybe a friend can part with a Pioneer PL-550. I'm a relative newbie, but can likely get my son to work on the receiver this summer. Geoff
    5. arick_m
      arick_m
      hello in there ...
    6. rick85p
      rick85p
      Hi,

I came across your post about having an Onkyo P-303. Do you still have it? If so, are you willing to sell it to another Buckeye?

I just bought a M-505 amplifier and I need the preamplifier to go with it.

Regards,
      Rick

Regards,
      Rick
    7. JBN
      JBN
      Happy Birthday, Joe!
    8. JBN
      JBN
      Happy Birthday, Joe! :-)
    9. JBN
      JBN
      Happy Birthday, Joe!
    10. ScramMan2
      ScramMan2
      Hey winters .. we need to meet up at some show that I work, or attend.
    11. MrIgotNomoney
      MrIgotNomoney
      Steve
      you still out there?
      I lost your contact info.
      my email is rjones5296@aol.com
    12. Mountain_Man
      Mountain_Man
      Joe!!! its Arick! Will you be my AK friend, will ya, oh will ya?
    13. Big Tuna
      Big Tuna
      Hey Joe! Happy Birthday!:)
    14. Gohan
      Gohan
      Happy New Year!!
    15. thefragger
      thefragger
      Merry New Year!

See you in 2009!
    16. Big Tuna
      Big Tuna
      Hi Joe, good to chat with you my friend:) I am curious to hear your response to how the LS-407C's sound when you get the woofs refoamed. The C series do have the clarity of the A & B series but they lack the high power muscle since they were made right after the big power wars ended and the receiver power dipped way down. I think you will like them but if you like it loud you might not. They will be good up to 75-80 watts, higher than that and they will start to clip. You'll have to see. Don't forget about me if you decide to unload them:)
    17. MAXZ28
      MAXZ28
      Hey Joe,

Just checking to see if your profile states what neck of the woods in OH are yas....
    18. whatever
      whatever
      Nice to see someone else from ohio.
    19. ozmoid
      ozmoid
      Winters! Thanks for the note, man.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 6, 1983 (Age: 35)
    Water Works
    I'm less an audiophile than a record nerd and mid-century collector who also enjoys good sound.

Live music, recorded music, vintage audio, GSDs, literature, mid-century design, Art Nouveau, Arts & Crafts, 60's and 70's cars, Rumph pottery, etc.

Signature

Pre-amp: Pro-Ject Pre Box S Power Amp: Dynakit Stereo 35 Speakers: Heathkit AE-30 (DIY Sound Group Zephyr) Analog: Technics SL-1600 with Ortofon 2M Blue and Pro-Ject Phono Box S Digital: Pro-Ject DAC Box S USB, Marantz CC3000, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, HiSense 50H8C with Amazon Fire TV Stick