Recent content by wlgrant6

1. wlgrant6

Todays Transfer Station Haul *Updated*

Pretty straightforward. Replaced the large multi cap can with one from Hayseed Hamfest. The large black can cap on top is only a single cap, so I removed it, drilled it out, and installed a radial cap in it, and reinstalled it. Then replaced the other electrolytics, and coupling caps. Pretty...
  2. wlgrant6

Here's a couple of pics of mine. Left it plain and simple.
  3. wlgrant6

I have that same amp that I pulled out of an ugly console. Recapped it, and converted it for stand-alone use. Great amp, has nice transformers. Bill
  4. wlgrant6

TEAC A-4010S Hub Update

Sounds like a couple of workable options. Was hoping some later model hubs would be a direct replacement.
  5. wlgrant6

TEAC A-4010S Hub Update

I have a TEAC A-4010S which uses the older rubber caps to hold the reels on the hubs. Does anyone know if there is a later model hub with the twist-lock reel retainers that could be a direct replacement? Hate dealing with the rubber caps. Bill
  6. wlgrant6

Conar 221 Tube Tester

Thanks, Tom I had already visited this sight, basically an update to the tube charts. No schematics.
  7. wlgrant6

Conar 221 Tube Tester

I recently acquired a Conar model 221 Tube Tester, and it doesn't work. Cleaned all the switches and pots, and no help. Searched everywhere I can find, looking for a schematic, to no avail. Hopefully someone out there has a schematic they can share. Thanks, Bill
  8. wlgrant6

Need to get wireless WiFi to other side of home

So, if I am understanding this correctly, this could be used to feed an old pc that doesn't have wifi, an internet connection using an ethernet cable from this unit into the pc?
  9. wlgrant6

Sherwood S-75CP Any information would be appreciated!

This is an old thread, just thought I'd check to see if any information came up for this receiver. I was recently gifted one, and after bringing it up slowly on a variac, both channels are working. Couple of the controls could use deoxit, and a couple of burned out bulbs. Still doesn't seem...
  10. wlgrant6

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

This pic shows the blue board installed, has since been replaced with 100watt board. Mounted over the power supply
  11. wlgrant6

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

This is a little more complicated. I have a 100W digital amp board and a 5amp power supply transplanted into an MCS 3235 in place of the power amp section. The power switch on the receiver turns everything on. Everything works great, except at shutdown get a thump out of the speakers. No...
  12. wlgrant6

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Here is another digital amp board question. I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere, but 474 pages? Anyhow, anyone else experiencing a thump thru the speakers when powering off? I'm considering adding a speaker cutoff relay, but hoping there is a simpler solution. Thanks, Bill
  13. wlgrant6

Ct-F1000 rewind, and fast forward working, play not working

Actually, there is a problem with the flat capstan belt. It is loose enough that there is a little bit of squeal on startup until the flywheels catch up with the motor. Flywheel capstan shafts have been cleaned and lightly oiled, and spinning freely, and flywheel and motor pulley thoroughly...
  14. wlgrant6

Ct-F1000 rewind, and fast forward working, play not working

OK, guys. I hate to admit this, but after I got the transport going, and wasn't getting anything out of it was my fault. I was working with the front panel off, and was testing with a recorded tape. Thought I had the tape monitor switch in the tape position, actually had it in the source...
Back
Top Bottom