Recent content by woofercooker

1. woofercooker

Realistic Nova 9 - recap help

Madisound in Wisconsin sells a 16uf capacitor. $7 each M.D.L. is the brand. I have ordered from them at least six times.
  2. woofercooker

Jensen CS-315 Speaker/Drivers

Woofer looks original to me.
  3. woofercooker

Why does everyone hate Fisher speakers

How about these?
  4. woofercooker

Radio Shack Optimus 7 Woofer replacement

The photo I inserted is the Lafayette Criterion woofer 2002A from ebay. Good luck!
  5. woofercooker

Radio Shack Optimus 7 Woofer replacement

The closest woofer I found to use is the Criterion 2002a or 2002+ woofer. The basket is the same as the Optimus 7 so you won't have to widen the woofer hole. Other woofer brands frames are a little too large. Who ever makes these woofer are the same company that makes the Optimus 7 woofers...
  6. woofercooker

Pioneer CS-A770 value

I saw a pair of these for sale on the bay 5 years ago and they were asking about 800. I don't think they sold. I would think they are worth that since these were never offered here in the US. and having a larger cab than the CS 88a and 99a the bass extension would be deeper. They were in...
  7. woofercooker

Jensen System C speakers

The tweeters are Audax. I'm told the mids are from Japan and woofers are Rola. They seem to sound on the bright side to me compared to some legacy speakers I have..
  8. woofercooker

Realistic Nova 8B speakers not sealed properly , air leaks .

Are the woofer screws loose? May just need to be tighten.
  9. woofercooker

pioneer cs-r5100 box

I think they might be these.
  10. woofercooker

pioneer cs-r5100 box

11. woofercooker

Do different vendor crossover caps really sound all that different?

I can assure anyone that a Audyn Q-4 capacitor sounds sounds soft/dull compared to a Audyn Cap-Plus capacitor.
  12. woofercooker

Pioneer CS-905 issues

Those STS 1500's were the last of the Large Optimus speakers...Anyway, It could be a relay inside the pioneers that need attention if they have a relay. Probably need to take the woofer out and see what's in there. I'm sure someone with more experience and knowledge will chime in.. Or have...
  13. woofercooker

Pioneer CS-905 issues

Barrowed from the Web. My guess is the speakers are the problem since the STS 1500s played fine.
  14. woofercooker

MCS Speakers Any Good?

I have recently bought a pair of these 8239 speakers from FB market place.. Did the re-foam job and new Clarity capacitors. They are warmer sounding (stronger in the lower mid range) than the 8225 and 8229 that preceded the 8239. I thought that the 8239s were light in weight compared to the...
  15. woofercooker

Jensen System C speakers

For the most part I used Dayton, I think I used a Solen for the 8uf I got from Madisound. And I believe I used a Audyn Q4 for the 68uf. I don't think Parts Express sells a 8uf in their lower priced polycap selection. I believe most are 250volt which is kind of a standard. The Q4 may be a...
Back
Top Bottom