Recent content by wormhole

1. W

Ever heard of duophonic?

I have one Frank Sinatra cassette in Duophonic. Not impressed with the fake stereo. The music is alright, but not a tape I would have bought for myself. It was a gift from my parents.
  2. W

Garage find (buried in my garage)

Unfortunately, I have never owned a variac. I have used them in previous jobs and they do com in handy.
  3. W

Garage find (buried in my garage)

I was getting the small shop vac out of my garage to loan to my sister. I spotted something buried in the corner. Didn't remember putting anything there. After my sister left, I uncovered it to find a 20W per channel Eico ST40 stereo tube amp. Huh? Where did this come from? A packet with owners...
  4. W

Purchasing Old Cassettes Tapes

I was fortunate earlier this year to find several used type I and type II tapes at my local GW's old store. I have spot checked a couple from each type for recording. Type IIs were fine, type 1s so so. Deck is a Pioneer CT-W650R, bought new. I know it's a dual well 2 head but has served me well...
  5. W

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

The new Goodwill store by me is open. Saw a few things of interest. 4 Lenovo thinkstations (forget model, didn't have a pen with me to write it down). 3.2 ghz I3, 8 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, dvd drive. $150 each. Win 8 loaded, Win 10 Pro digital copy available. Tempting, but I passed. 2 DVD...
  6. W

What I can remember is 3.2 ghz I3, 6 gig ram, Win 7 with an upgrade to win 10 Home, $175. Don't remember the rest. I wasn't willing to spend the money.
  7. W

I am slowly getting back into hitting the thrift stores. Until recently it had been almost 20 years since I had been in one.
  8. W

Pleasant surprise today at my local GW. They recently opened a new store so I wandered in for the first time. Found a Samsung Blu-ray player, model BD-P1500. December 2008 build date. It works fine. Even had a very long RGB cable with it (I hooked it up using HDMI, though). No remote, but I was...
  9. W

45's

I never listened to disco, punk or the others you mentioned, so that may explain why I never saw them.
  10. W

45's

I have a lot of 45s from my younger days and a few of my mother's old 45s, but I have never heard of 12" 45s, let alone seen one. I will have to check out the record bins at my local thrift store a little closer :).
  11. W

After being away from thrift stores for many years, I recently have made a few sporadic trips to my local GW. First couple of trips only netted some blank cassettes, CD-Rs. DVD-Rs, etc and 1 music CD. Went in today not finding anything. Then I sat down to tie my shoe and spotted an Aiwa...
  12. W

I have been hitting my local GW sporadically lately. The only things I have found of interest have a mixed bag of Maxell and Memorex Type I and type II cassettes (mostly used) and, more recently, a mixed bag of DVD-Rs, DVD+Rs, DVD+RWs and CD-Rs. Brands were Fujifilm, Memorex and an unopened...
  13. W

Pieces and parts mini system

Unfortunately, I recently discovered the CCD in my digital camera is dead. No way to take pics right now (no smart phone, just old school flip phone).
  14. W

Pieces and parts mini system

Rummaging through some unused audio components, I pieced together a mini system just for the heck of it. Realistic SA-150 integrated amp Pair of white Optimus 77 speakers Pioneer PD-M423 CD changer WOW. I forgot how good that little SA-150 amp sounded. It was buried on a shelf and covered in...
  15. W

The two track tape player

That is unique. I never heard of that format before. I got my first cassette recorder in 1969 but completely missed the play tape.
Back
Top Bottom