wsjoe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Joe,

I was looking at the post you made about Denon CD player DCD-2560 drive belts. Do you still have them? My CD player has them worn out I am looking to replacement belts. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Routhu
    Hi Joe,

Tried to respond by PM, but it appears your message box is full. Anyways, regarding the SM fro the QRX3500, I'd gladly send it to you if I had one, but unfortunately I don't. My receiver was recapped by the guy I bought it from. I'll message him to see if he might still have a copy of a schematic or service manual around and I'll forward that along if he does.
    Hi Sir,

Read your post on the Altec a5 and they are awesome. I really would like to know how you made those horns. Just recently acquired a pair of 515b's and 288-8gs. I have a single 805b multicell horn, but like you I very much prefer wood. I love wood actually and have been making furniture with scavenged old wood from demolished houses. I also have a small living area and I think that the wood horn will do better justice here. Would you be kind enough to share any plans you have on the woodhorns? Would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Earl Estrera
    eestrera@gmail.com
    Hello mate,

I am writing you from Romania, hopping you can help a little bit, as much as possibler from this distance.

I just buyed a Technics SL-PS70 from ebay.de. The cd player is in a perfect optical condition, but it does not read the cds...
    The seller assured me that the product was functioning perfectly when he send it. He even block the mechanism during transport. I open the cd player yesterday, i see the red laser point, the lens is moving up and down, the cd is spinning....but...nothing else. He cannot read the cd.
    Any ideea what could happend?
    Sorry to ask you these questions, but here in Romania i cannot find an expert to look at the cd player...
    Any ideea would be appreciated.
    I can make you a short movie and post it on youtube, so you can see how the cd player it's "working".
    Thank you so much for any information.
    Best regards,
    Iulian
    I somehow regret selling because the mod made it sound SO much better than the stock.
    Audio is a subjective thing so my suggestion is to buy the darn thing and give it a try. Good models have good resale value. To me audio is a journey and not a destination thing and that's the fun of it.

I haven't paid too much attention but unmodded in great condition should cost about $600.

wsjoe
    Jim,
    DCD-2700 is one of the new series like the 1550, 1650, S10 and so on. I don't own any one of them nor heard them play. So I don't have any direct experience. My impression is that they are lighter than the traditional tanks but improved in the analog section. What I think Denon has done is start to cut corners on built and weight while improving on the electrical design. Price wise this is in the similar level as the 3520 or so but it weighs only 9.2 kg (like 20 lbs). I like heavy cd players because of the vibration isolation and stability. One can improve the electronics by using better caps, opamps, power supplies and even DAC, but it's very hard to change the mechanical aspects like chassis, transport mechanism and so on.

I own most 4 digit cd players from 1420 all the way up to 3560. I recently sold a DCD-3520 I modded for over $1500. It was truely in MINT condition with original box and everything.

to be conti...
    wsjoe,

I found you looking for info here about on a Denon DCD-2700 i saw on e-bay. You seem to have a huge collection of them and I was wondering what you thought of them and what a reasonable price should be.

Appreciate your time,

Jim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom