Recent content by xwarp

1. xwarp

Anti-static treatment.

So I am no expert on the best methods for static issues with vinyl, but one thing for certain after some time searching the net regarding the issue, it seems there is no one fix all for everyone. One thing I know for sure is that where I work, we use this stuff from R&R Lotion, rrlotion.com...
  2. xwarp

Well heck......guess I'll be in vinyl again.....

I've got some low cost ideas that will probably work out with a little extra effort than I was previously willing to give.
  3. xwarp

I've got quite a few from collecting years back before I stored the tables that still needed work, but the goto table that I used was a Marantz 6370q that I sold off when I went to R2R. I probably should start using the humidifiers considering I already have sinus issues with the dry weather...
  4. xwarp

I gave up listening to vinyl a while back because of how dry it is where I am and the static attracting EVERYTHING, so I went to R2R and then.............picked up a really nice Reloop RP 7000 MK2 at the local thrift for $40 a couple of weeks ago. It works well. I then had to go dig the Pioneer...
  5. xwarp

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

A few months back, I picked up a Parasound Zonemaster 2350 at the local gw for 40 bucks. Only issue with it was Channel 1 gain pot on rear defective. This past Sunday, another 40 got me a really mint looking Reloop RP 7000 MK2. Just missing the head shell, but I have a couple to try. Haven't...
  6. xwarp

Akai GX-265D supply reel wobble

My 265D has a little slack when you pull and push on the shaft, but no side to side, or up/down movement, so I'd guess the motor assembly is mounted securely, but the rotor shaft seems to have a little "end play".
  7. xwarp

To Operate or Not? Would U do it?

If you are referring to the caps in the p.s section, I would. That transformer isn't an easy replacement.
  8. xwarp

mix tapes off tidal, amazon etc??

I have plenty of tape that needs content, so I stream from Tidal, through a DAC, through a DBX 224X-DS and then to the r2r tape. Probably overkill on the DBX, but it sounds good to me.
  9. xwarp

Clone dacs?

Not trolling. I've been wanting to experiment a little with using a DAC, a subscription to some hi-def service to make some R2R tapes. Ended up getting an Aimpire AD10 which has been deemed a clone of the Topping D10. Subscribed to Tidal. I'm pretty impressed so far. The D10 clone, well...
  10. xwarp

Clone dacs?

Is the discussion of clone dacs forbidden?
  11. xwarp

Any thoughts on what's causing this issue? Marantz 5020

Turns out the arm lever that stops the play when the tape gets taught and pushes it down, was pretty stiff and stuck in the down position. Got that corrected, but there is a plastic piece that goes on it that makes contact with the tape, but it's missing, so the arm doesn't make contact with the...
  12. xwarp

Any thoughts on what's causing this issue? Marantz 5020

I can occasionally get the play to lock and play normal, but most of the time, it does this: Any help would be appreciated before I decide to scrap/salvage the thing.
  13. xwarp

External noise reduction if using a DAC?

I enjoy running the R2R more so than LP's. I don't have a lot of pre-recorded tape and have been wanting to make a few. I have a DBX-224x inline that works very well in recording from LP, but if I'm using a DAC with FLAC files, is the DBX necessary?
  14. xwarp

Sencore sg165 questions

Not to sound like a jerk, but have you bothered to download the manual for this unit?
  15. xwarp

Anthem Pre 1 preamp help requested.

Emailed Sonic and was told by them to contact Partsconnexion. Called them and the Laura, a very pleasant lady, emailed the schematics to me. I've never ordered parts from them, but I will in the future.
Back
Top Bottom