Recent content by xxtensazenxx

1. X

Aligning Cartage with Overhang gauge, Getting High end distortion

I spent a good 4+ hours using the protractor (Stevenson) and I could not get it... I'm really having issues moving the cartage around, as when I try to screw it down it moves from where I had it... I might try buying another head-shell. idk. I'm seriously losing faith at this point
  2. X

I just realized something, I think I still need to align the needle, as when I got it back from the AV shop its no where near the overhang gauge...Does this mean its not aligned or could they have aligned it using a different protractor where its further back? Or is it just plain wrong? I kind...
  3. X

Update: Got the LP Gear ViVid line replacement stylus, and all my issues are basically 100% gone. Its night and day compared to the PFANSTIEHL. There's basically 0 sibilance now, at least to my ears. This thing is GREAT! Now im getting (or just noticing) another issue. I hear a noise every...
  4. X

Thanks for all the help everyone, a lot of info to take in :O I did take it into my local shop to have the auto-return fixed and he said he aligned it for me (though it does not match my overhang gague, could it be a different alignment or is t he dude clueless?) Regardless, sibilance is still...
  5. X

It is not :O i did not know that would make a difference! I have the Pfanstiehl 4608-DEX. Also I was using a tracking force of 1-1.5 grams,
  6. X

Thanks everyone for the support, and I tried most of the suggestions but it just wont work, and I was trying to find a way to put it into words but This hit the nail on the head That is my exact issue. No matter what I try it just shimmys out of the perfect position I have.... been working on...
  7. X

azimuth? Like neither channel is more or less predominant,they sound pretty equal to me. and any idea how I would center it?
  8. X

First off: Turntable: Technics SL-23 Cartage: Pickering XSV 3000 I started vinyl a few years ago with a humble Audio Technica LP-60, which is quickly outgrew. So I upgraded to what I have now, A Technics SL-23. I had to get it repaired so I never bothered with Aligning or tracking force, I just...
Back
Top Bottom