Recent content by Yamahaha

1. Yamahaha

New vinyl, think I'm done

Difference between great turntable/phonopre/amp/speakers and your Crosley? Maybe?
  2. Yamahaha

I'm 53 years old. Not new to vinyl. NEW VINYL however sucks and the last thing I'm interested in is goofy weights etc to correct people that cannot press a record. I've worked with therrmoplastics plenty myself. ITS NOT HARD to avoid these problems. They rush the process, that simple. 99 out...
  3. Yamahaha

I've heard alot of complaints about that re-issue in particular. I have original and never was my fav.
  4. Yamahaha

Black Sabbath, Mob Rules. Look at that dish. Of course its the main LP and not the extra one with live tracks I wont listen to more than once. Going Back. Turntable 1200G, Hana ML .... everything setup nice and this garbage arrives. Big time frustrating I dont buy alot of new vinyl for these...
  5. Yamahaha

Totem Torrent driver issues element series

Wondering if anyone has any info as I've run into damaged Torrent drivers 3x now. On the Tribe and V1 Fire. Tribe was sloppy manufacturing surround seemed to be repaired. Fire the driver had a rub. This is strange to me for such an expensive speaker and I read in other forums the lack of...
  6. Yamahaha

Top 10 holy grail cassette decks?

No contest - the Nak is better.
  7. Yamahaha

Totem Tribe Satin tower warning - bad set advertized online

Friendly info for anyone shopping for Totem Tribes. A damaged set of Tribe towers making the rounds. I bought these, discovered the issues immediately upon unpacking and had quite a dispute to go thru. Now the same speakers are being advertised yet again with undisclosed issues. So, posting...
  8. Yamahaha

Nakamichi Dragon vs Harman Kardon CD491 shootout

what is wrong with you? Seriously, I play cassettes. I dont give a crap how they record. I never record with them. You also cant write very well and your statement is just nonsense.
  9. Yamahaha

Its the same tape played in each deck
  10. Yamahaha

Not close in my opinion. One is a very good cassette deck. One is a stellar cassette deck. Just my opinion.
  11. Yamahaha

Images and words album.
  12. Yamahaha

Which do you prefer? The Dragon has been my goto since solving its problems. The Harman came up supposedly fully serviced so I bought it. I didn't expect equality. Each is highly regarded so I though this would be interesting. I prefer the Dragon. However the HK is a pretty good deck. Overall...
  13. Yamahaha

Totem Hawks: review

Hawks "new to me" 2022. Great speakers.
  14. Yamahaha

Totem Speakers

The V1 Fire were not picky about placement. And dealers love to sell the you need 15k amps to drive them. You don't. There's lots of good amps with plenty current that aren't Leema or Sim etc.
  15. Yamahaha

Totem Speakers

I am lusting after the new Totem Element Metal But the price is insane. So I've been looking at old Totems. Wondering what members have/had and thoughts? I'll start; Had the V1 Fires and they were quite a nice speaker but sounded "small" in comparison to my Sonus Faber Luito towers. The...
Back
Top Bottom