Recent content by yddet12

1. yddet12

How to reverse or mitigate dynamic range compression on a CD?

If the new songs were mastered using a very simple type of compressor (e.g. 10:1 with a threshold of, say, -10dB), then (assuming you could guess what compression scheme they used) it would be possible to decompress them, but with a decrease in quality because of the limits of quantization. For...
  2. yddet12

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Out of curiosity, how much was all this equipment listed for?
  3. yddet12

The Electronic service lab in NJ closed?

Is it the one whose website is electronicservicelab.com (140 Scotch Rd in Trenton)?
  4. yddet12

for you XP guys ..Escape from XP game

I have Firefox v28 on Windows 7 x64 (and probably an outdated version of Flash). It crashed my computer too. Fun game though.:D
  5. yddet12

Does bass damage your higher-frequency hearing too?

Does loud bass damage your hearing only at the specific frequencies at which it is played, or does it damage your mid- and high-frequency hearing too? Thanks!
  6. yddet12

tape player repairs in Lehigh Valley, PA?

Does anyone know where I can get a casette tape player repaired in Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton or nearby)? I have a Sony TC-FX44 that won't play tapes. I can turn it on and press the Play button, and the light for the Play button comes on when I press play, but the heads...
  7. yddet12

Identify the notes in these chords?

Can anyone identify the notes in each of these chords? What do the 6, 3, and 4 mean to the right of each chord diagram? Thanks!
  8. yddet12

The Wish Granting / Wicked Genie Game

Granted. All the caps in your receiver are now polypropylene and of the highest quality. Unfortunately, the tech broke some of the transistors and other components, so your amp will now send high-voltage DC to your speakers. I wish my internet were faster.
  9. yddet12

Wish granted! They plan to form a band with Justin Bieber. Would you like to preorder a copy of their upcoming album? :D I wish I can find some good audio equipment at the garage sales I'm visiting tomorrow.
  10. yddet12

Wish granted. Now they will read newspapers while driving. EDIT: forgot to add a wish. I wish it will not rain today.
  11. yddet12

Wish granted. Negative 40 degrees Fahrenheit should be much better, right?:yes: I wish I legally had 10 million dollars.
  12. yddet12

Wish granted. The informercials scheduled for Sunday simply moved to every other day of the week...and then tripled in number. I wish I could have a wish without any negative consequences.:D
  13. yddet12

Gotta get a new notebook computer

I agree about Norton. Symantec (the parent company of Norton products, IIRC, which also makes Symantec-brand antivirus software) actually had to release a separate uninstaller application for Norton products because apparently the installer that comes with the program doesn't work correctly...
  14. yddet12

What is your dream house?

Was that house still reasonably close to grocery stores, doctors' offices, etc? Or was there nobody else for miles around?
  15. yddet12

Everybody get their flu shots?

Why does the doctor prescribe antibiotics for the flu? Does he/she suspect that the flulike symptoms might be caused by a bacteria infection, or is he/she just afraid to say no?
Back
Top Bottom