Recent content by yeehayashi

1. yeehayashi

Your Last Concert (or two)

Spent last Saturday night to see Bernadette Peters in concert with the Colorado Symphony. :banana: What a polished and incredible artist. Her talent and ability to connect with every person in Boettcher Hall was on full display. A complete entertainer is the best way to describe her concert...
  2. yeehayashi

Last Saturday evening i had the pleasure of seeing Sterling Elliot perform Elgar’s cello concerto with the Colorado Symphony. This young man was brilliant and is staking out a fabulous career in the world of classical music. The symphony orchestra led by Maestro Peter Oundjian was equally...
  3. yeehayashi

I had the pleasure of seeing Itzhak Perlman perform with the Colorado Symphony last Saturday evening. It was a very casual performance with Perlman playing music from movie scores. Of the highlight was the theme from Schindler's List. He was also very engaging and funny and his banter with...
  4. yeehayashi

Recommend me some Osibisa albums (vinyl please)

This goes into my Wayback Machine. I bought my first Osibisa lp in 1972 and it was their album Heads. A very fine listen although it has been on the shelf for quite a long time. Will have to give it a cleaning and listen tonight.
  5. yeehayashi

Today's JAZZ playlist

Awesome album by Tony. It is the release that re-kindled my appreciation for this man. I was always a little out of step with kids my age in the 60s because i loved his records. I sort of stopped listening in the 70s but this record and his collaboration with Bill Evans totally brought me...
  6. yeehayashi

Stephen Sondheim RIP

Where to begin with the appreciation for the body of music and theatre Stephen Sondheim has left as his legacy. I bought tickets to see the current revivals of Company and Assassins in NYC prior to his passing when they announced sales and his passing made seeing both productions 2 weeks ago...
  7. yeehayashi

Are MFSL vinyl albums that much better sounding and worthy of their price?

I would include reissues on the French label Sam Records and Speaker’s Corner records. They are pressing some gorgeous sounding lps.
  8. yeehayashi

MFSL One-Step Eagles

Pre-ordered both. Part of the soundtrack of my youth.
  9. yeehayashi

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 - which recording do you like

Sviatoslav Richter’s version on Deutsche Grammophone is an excellent version on vinyl.
  10. yeehayashi

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Good afternoon AKers. Lunchtime feels right with some Kenny Rankin. The Kenny Rankin Album
  11. yeehayashi

Gustav Holst - The Planets
  12. yeehayashi

This would be a great weekend in Gig Harbor. Western WA is still home to me. Going back when I retire :)
  13. yeehayashi

Good morning fellow music lovers. In a JT kind of mood to start my day. :)
  14. yeehayashi

Anything by Rostropovich is A+ in my book. Nice videos. :thumbsup:
  15. yeehayashi

I am on the hunt for this lp. Good choice man.
Back
Top Bottom