Recent content by Yvan_donald

1. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, Tls 80 are big, depend the size of the room, Tls 50 mk1 are a very good speaker, I own a pair of Mk1, have the B200 sp1014, the Mk 2 woofer is mostly the B200 sp1039 big magnet so they probably take more power. I just bought 2 sp 1039 and I will install them in my Mk1. But I have never have...
  2. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, Thomas myself I'm using a Bryston amp and love it. I never understand the term faster, slower speakers. Listening to classical or jazz, rock, the IMF sound great and well balance.now If I listen to Buddy Rich drum solo, don't tell me with another speaker's it's gonna be faster. I much...
  3. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, get them, if you can get these at a good price, except for the super tweeters, the rest is all original, no problem. I have a spare set of the original super tweeter's and I can sell to you if ever you need, Yvan.
  4. Yvan_donald

Shipping a speaker cabinet when the woofer has NO surround! Sounds risky?

Hi, seller have to cut a square piece of thin plywood 1/8"(woofer size) , drill 4 holes same place like the woofer, install thin foam in between plywood and woofer, used the original screws to fix all together. Should be okey.
  5. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, I know the midranges from Falcon it's a good move but it is bit expensive, the B139 of Falcon have different shape SP1044 and the template to fit in our opening is not the same and for both tweeter's I much prefer the original Celestion HF1300,HF2000 combo. Plus look like the coles 4001 have...
  6. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, your's midranges seems to be both SP 1003 just different batch, both woofer are SP6171 except one is an old generation, if you need one woofer with the center hole I have one for you at good price. The tweeter HF 1300 celestion with black plastic is the same as mine. If you need one I have...
  7. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, it's seems you have to write: IMF prof. MK III to have access to IMFelectronics for the document. That's the way I have access to it.
  8. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, if you go to website IMF electronics and look for the professional monitor MK III. They explains how the Prof.monitor have fourth generations and the last one, MK III the hand wooven honeycomb mesh damping in the T-line.the front baffle of any IMF models are glue and with wood screws and...
  9. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, the woofer with no hole in the center is an old model B-139 SP6171, look inside where the back styfoam cone if it is white paper tube or bextrene clear tube where is the suspension (spider). This one is probably not original. This old model with bextrene colapse at loud passage if you drive...
  10. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, did the connections on the back are on the same side or one on right side the other left. Because my first pair are both on right side. The second don't, Yvan.
  11. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi and welcome to Audiokarma, this is probably Prof. MK III improved because the crossover is the same as mine. Normally the back is laminate black, maybe it was a special order to get the back made of the same finish? Or ex owner install the speaker in a big room showing the back of speaker...
  12. Yvan_donald

Linn Sara - KEF B200 SP1014 variants?

Hi, look like the not paint one is from very early production because is frame have a different shape if you look carefully compare to the other one. If I was you I will buy another B200 SP1014 black.This old one probably come from the old factory which have a big fire and move the to a new...
  13. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, that's what I have "aquaglobe" brand. You need two pads. That's the good stuff.
  14. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

15. Yvan_donald

IMF owners thread!

Hi, you should find these pads of active carbon where they sell aquariums , filters and exotics fishs in size 10inch.X 18inch. X 1/2inchs thick. Amazon sell active carbon but check to be shure it 1/2inch. Not 1/4inch. Or 3/8inch. Best regards Yvan.
Back
Top Bottom