Recent content by Z4J

1. Z

C46 Preamplifier--Help me make the right call...

Well over a year in the making, but I found a nice deal on a C46 and MC402. A dramatic difference over the 6300. The dynamics, clearity and strength is perfect for me. At this point I can say I've found my match. I love the 6300 and for the price point, it's excellent for a bookshelf type...
  2. Z

4-2-7 the preamp search has certainly slowed :eek: ODS another member recommended trialing my system by driving the horns with the 6300 using a filter and using the 402 to drive the mid/lows. Comparing the meters, they display an approx. 4:1 (402:6300) output difference. See photo (I...
  3. Z

Oh man! I'm going to need some time to take this all in. Thanks for the inputs! Going to biamp the pre tomorrow and see it that moves the system. Might not make a difference at all but the 6300 meters are a 4:1with the amp. Will be interesting if this slows the horns and gives up more bass.
  4. Z

Wow. An excellent write-up Panhead. Thank you very much for taking the time. What exactly do I want the preamp to do in place of the 6300, actually I was overall curious of the potential sound quality difference. I was unsure of the preamp quality of the 6300 vs. a full blown stand alone...
  5. Z

Appreciate your input Chubba!
  6. Z

Hello. A preamplifier question if I may. My current set-up: MA6300 (used as preamp only), MC402, Jolida JD100 Tube CD player & Klipsch RF-7 II's Two channel audio for music only & 100% CD usage Large room Question- Will there be a noticeable and more dynamic difference if I substitute the...
  7. Z

McIntosh Set-up Support Please

Please remember I'm very new at this game when I say this.... After hearing the sound difference, my son and I today pulled all 600 CD from my collection within the Sony's and added to CD folders. My Sony model is totally eyerolling, I know, but I learn as I go. The great part (for me) is...
  8. Z

Hello. Just wanted to give a humble update. Switching speaker outs from the 6300 to the 402 has rendered very positive revenue. That said, the 6300 is a very fine machine for less demanding speakers and I'm not sure I can give this beautiful unit up.... The needy Klipsch certainly desire...
  9. Z

Two further question if I may. I believe my next step is selling the MA6300 and invest in a pre-amp with EQ. Can any tell me a good used McIntosh model? Prices are all over from a C27 @ $700 to a C46 @$2850. 40, 46, 27, 37 even the MX132. Any recommendations for my fairly budget set-up...
  10. Z

No kit....Just a kid and dad making a big mess in the garage :-) Was born from this (photo). Now a McIntosh box if out of control..... that'd put a few families in the hospital and reduce the resale by about $300 lol....
  11. Z

If I may ask.....any used CD players under $500 that anyone would recommend to match up with my system? I should upgrade my hmmm Sony's (I know..I know), but honestly, they've done pretty well...at least to my ear.
  12. Z

Chubba... thank you.
  13. Z

Thanks 4-2-7. Even waxed the three layers of duct tape on the bottom. Hopefully he doesn't reenact C. Chase in Christmas Vacation. "Later Dudes....." Oh on the age of the speakers.....about a year old but I dont believe the woofers have been challenged yet. Hope to stretch the membrane more...
  14. Z

A tribute to the men and women who are forced to power lift our ridiculous McIntosh purchases
  15. Z

Man it was a big rush to assemble and clean before my wife got home. .....it was a mess so the vacuum was mandatory...lol. The good side is I was able to "rediscover" all my crap and either clean it or clear it out. Now as much as I'd love to be testing and tuning, there some other key...
Back
Top Bottom