Recent content by zekk

1. Z

All Alps potentiometer not the same

Alps Black Beauty. http://imageshack.com/a/img913/9732/TJuVRu.jpg These'll be more original! They're 100K stereo pot, nicely balanced.
  2. Z

IPC AM-1026 repair

I've this IPC AM1026, bought from a collector who've 5 units. It was totally in original stock form. It was massive and very heavy. Being a mechanical engineer, I've no idea how to transform it into a friendly home set-up. There's a nice schematic in a Japanese's Altec Handbook. I...
  3. Z

Have you ever had that feeling...?

Whenever the word Fender pops out, it sadly brings back the memory of my Fender Stratocaster. Sold it for $300 way back in 1968.:tears:
  4. Z

Have you ever had that feeling...?

Deeply regret selling off my Scott 250 monobloc that uses 12AX7>EL34. Till now, I've no built that sounds so sweet! Reason was it runs hot and the cloth wires on the power trans were disintergreting. Back then, I hardly know how to read the color code of resistor.
  5. Z

KT120 Amp build

Hi Kevin..... Thanks for the up-dates! Followed your's exactly despite using 7F7 and 7N7 at the front. Deep bass without any pitchyness! However, I did something differently and that's connecting up the cathodes directly to ground, after setting the bias. Got this idea from my H.H.Scott 250...
  6. Z

Need some details on this rare Knight EL-34 integrated I picked up yesterday

Why no one mention the Scott 250 monobloc? One of my lost love :tears:
  7. Z

Help Identify Strange Dynaco Dual Mark III's

... now I know where mine came from! http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/59/ppng.jpg
  8. Z

Evolution of Eiclone!

Dynaco A-431 OPT. http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/824/vdqh.jpg It's a potted Dynaco A-431 OPT. Don't know the history behind it and have never saw it mounted on Mk.3 amp. I was exhilarated when I won it on eBay. :banana: Thanks for the interest. Zekk
  9. Z

Evolution of Eiclone!

... and finally, a top view. Thanks Dave, you're right. Lightly tab the FB with my finger and loudness increased. So, it's phase reversed! It'll be easier for me to reverse the connections at 7N7. Next up, will be changing rectifier to a Marconi U18/20. A four legged balloon monster...
  10. Z

Evolution of Eiclone!

Re-drawn road map. Re-draft road map to suit my familiarity. Those figures in red is as measured. BTW, what does the different readings at pin #5 of 6550 indicates? Is the one with -50.0v weaker? Thanks. Zekk
  11. Z

Evolution of Eiclone!

For joy of tube diy, I re-wired my Eiclone to Kevin Ward's pp KT120 design, but using 7F7 and 7N7 at the front, and no NFB. I love it :banana: With NFB, it produces LF oscillation, whichever value I tried!? From the pic above, the feedback wire is unconnected and coiled up at the top left...
  12. Z

Getting The Best Out Of A-431.

Hello Elrick .... Electronic is new to me and my choice for this Mk3 circuit was because it's reliable , stable and proven and not for what it is. I would rather build a Gromes 260A, Eico HF-60 or Keroes' Acrosound have I not wary of it's stability. That Hammond 379X was what I've on hand and...
  13. Z

Hi... Believes you're right! My power supply is not up to par. PS: 425-0-425~GZ32~40uf~10H~200uf ~B+. 5751 runs at 1mA, 12BH7A @ 8mA and 6550 @ 70mA. So, I'm operating the Hammond 379X at it's very edge :sigh: All this while :music::music::music:, I was happily enjoying my HF-85 >...
  14. Z

Hi Kevin...At one time, I was contemplating building that 60 watts amp from your glorious "KT120 Amp build". Thanks for your offer and I'll definately have it KIV. Meanwhile, I am going to follow Dave's suggestion, and temporary do a hair-raising approach to wire up the 6SL7 and 6SN7 for a...
  15. Z

Hi Kevin.... I followed exactly Shannon Park's design for the Mk3 and there's no adjustment on the circuit. Getting a scope and signal generator is not a problem, but, learning how to use it, is. :scratch2: Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom