Recent content by zenarrrow

1. zenarrrow

Dynakit pas 2 transformer over heating, why?

Ok, so finally made it over and picked up the pas2. When I did replace the 2 PC boards I did it because the old ones seemed to have a very bright sound, and it was fun to do. I didn't go biserk and buy anything that was super moded or 'fancy' basic PC board replacement. It did help with...
  2. zenarrrow

Thanks for all the replies, will try and get pas2 tomorrow and take some pics Haven't been back over since, I apologize. Again thanks for everything this far. Joe
  3. zenarrrow

Well I rebuilt this like 8 years back.. Bought a restuffed boards and soldered them in. Has been running sweet for years, with my st-70 I moved on to a MC30's and an mx110z I gifted this to a good friend, he stated he was having issues yesterday so we took a look at it, and when it it heated...
  4. zenarrrow

Sorry for such a late response, the pas2 has been completely reboarded power caps have been replaced. The transformer is original but nearly everything else is upadated
  5. zenarrrow

Before I buy a new replacement transformer (pas2II) for my my pas 2, I would like to know that is the problem. The pre-amp will work good, until Finally the the transformer heats up and shuts down. Mind you that it just started this. Is replacing the transformer on these something that is...
  6. zenarrrow

MX110z Tube positions and recommendations

Unfortunately.... I went the long expensive/highly frustrating route before I learned this lesson
  7. zenarrrow

Pioneer PL-41 Tonearm Drooping

Hmmmm..... Looks like the whole tonearm is awry from where it attaches to the pivot point where you can adjust it vertically and horizontally from weights on the back Definitely do not play anything until the issue is resolved, damage to your vinyl will no doubt occur What lp have you got...
  8. zenarrrow

Lyric of the Moment

When the devil came he was not red, he was chrome and he said....Come With Me
  9. zenarrrow

Looking for a member I once knew who fixed cartridges

I have a Blue Point Special EVO III that I bent the needle pretty badly that is not functional I recall a while back someone who could repair these. Does anyone have any recommendations? Cheers all >>--Zen--->
  10. zenarrrow

Marantz 6350Q TT question, hope this belongs here as question about TT

So, I have a 6350Q, rare bird.... It is my back up TT to my Gyro SE which I had a Blue Point Special EVO III which I freaked up the needle, or that cavalier...? Can't remember correct term for it. Anyhow I am digging the 6350Q sound right about now Question is should I or can I upgrade the...
  11. zenarrrow

How good Is the Mx110z?

What to do about this? I find myself in a constant state of adjustment. From using the rocker switch on the loudness half on and half off. When I have loudness off I adjust bass up and treble, and then try with loudness on and readjust it.... I am going to find the correct spot and then super...
  12. zenarrrow

Altec Lansing 14 voice coil distortion

I recently within the last 2 years had my woofers sent away and refoamed by GWA. After some great personal situations in my life the voice coil seems to be malfunctioning and progressively getting worse as time passages. I can only contribute this to the voice coils as the cone and foam are...
  13. zenarrrow

Simplicity....

Yeah crazy.... $35 amp, $5 turn table and $100 Altecs, actually sound equally as good as many high end high dollar systems. all garage sale finds.
  14. zenarrrow

Simplicity....

Sounds so good. And yet so uncomplicated... Pioneer Sx 980 Pioneer pl-518 Behing Altec 890 Boleros
Back
Top Bottom