Recent content by zobsky

1. zobsky

Definitive Technology Stuidio Monitor 450 $250 Shipped

Apparently , def tech used inductive resistors and electrolytic caps in an effort to save a few beans. Can you describe the cap values and what difference the mods made and if they were worth it? I have a pair coming in a few days though I won't be able to dig into the crossover till next...
  2. zobsky

Bose 901 EQs

Use a minidsp if you don't have a bose EQ. Quite a swiss knife and useful for lots of other non-bose purposes. You don't necessary need , say, 18 db of gain, merely 18 db of variance eg. a EQ with 10 db of cut and 10 db of boost will suffice.
  3. zobsky

Mach One 4024, 4024A, 4029 Information and Upgrades!

If you biamp them with tubes on the horns br prepared for "a whole new world of wow" You will need dual binding posts though
  4. zobsky

Last weekend, I reverted my tweaked (crossover, drivers, horns, cabinet) mach one 4042a's back to a smaller volume (sealed off the midrange horn chamber). 1. In the room they're in, the bass isn't as prominent as it could otherwise be, so I decided to trade extension for punch (mid bass bump)...
  5. zobsky

Has anyone here modded their mach one's for biamp capability (for the ability to use a different amp (and hence more control on the relative padding with respect to the woofer) on the mid-high section)? I'm at the point where I'm reworking the crossover on mine and ask because it seems to me...
  6. zobsky

Agreed about the punch. I guessed there was a 100 Hz midbass peak, with a rolloff in the deep bass the first time I heard them. The good thing about machs is that while the bass is peaky/punch, at least it isn't boomy. I tried the push in / return test. Both my mach ones came back slowly...
  7. zobsky

So I finished one mach one last night (except the crossover mods, as I'm waiting for the parts to arrive) Mods: 1. midrange foam tweak 2. midrange horn exterior walls dampening 3. woofer basket dampening 4. woofer coated with superglue 5. opening up the partition between midrange and woofer...
  8. zobsky

I got the midrange compression driver disassembled and am putting it back together (totally deteriorated orange gasket). I also pried loose the tweeter / lpad panel on one cabinet to verify that the tweeter and midrange were connected in phase (my mach ones are 4024a). Wrecked the corners of...
  9. zobsky

I guess I'll have to deal with the fragile LPad plate then :)
  10. zobsky

Sorry if I missed it, but were there any tweaks for the tweeter unit(apart from the crossover), or were the mods. limited to the midrange horn and woofer? My mach ones's are 4024a Thanks
  11. zobsky

New addition - Paradigm 11se

Russ, I wonder if these were once mine (I sold my pair last year to someone on craigslist who said he knew you). They play well with vintage SS recievers.
  12. zobsky

Pilot 232 and 590 pre/tuner find of a lifetime!

a pilot 232 is NOT merely the amp. section of a 240. it was, in fact, supposed to be thier top of the line 6bq5 amplifier and is supposed to have some great iron in it. i haven't had the opportunity to hear one in good condition but i wager you'll like it.
  13. zobsky

mc2100 bridging question

thanks for the page out of the owners manual, i already have that. perhaps i should have mentioned that i now use the mc2100 as a subwoofer amp in a small HT setup. it currently drives a subwoofer on each channel but i'm considering downsizing to a single sub for space reasons, ... which is...
  14. zobsky

mc2100 bridging question

Hi, When bridging this fine piece to a mono 8 ohm load, .. I notice the amplifier seems to heat up a lot more as compared to using either of the two channels into the same load (using the appropriate ourput terminals, of course) and approximately same volume level. Also I don't subjectively...
Back
Top Bottom