Recent content by ZombyWoof

1. ZombyWoof

Marantz 1070 vs Yamaha A- S701

I decided to replace my NAD integrated that I used in my main system with Dahlquist DQ10 speakers. So with admittedly little research I bought a new Yamaha A- S701. I like their loudness control scheme, had plenty of power with a linear power supply and decent headroom. Should be fine, right...
  2. ZombyWoof

2235B Lamp Housing melted badly--options?

Check out this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2225-melted-lamp-housing-shroud.577929/#post-7604069
  3. ZombyWoof

Marantz 2235 help please

With all due respect to the other members I offer an alternative possibility. Since all was working well until a power up I suggest that the culprit would be one of the main filter caps, c001 & c002. These are the large cans mounted on the chassis. These can be checked with an ohmeter AFTER...
  4. ZombyWoof

Blue vs White LEDs and new vellum

Nice job. I did the same for a DC supply but used two "flat-top" leds in series for the lamps.
  5. ZombyWoof

perfect placement for speakers

The Golden Ratio has worked for me for many years and many different speakers. http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php It seldom meets the WAF though...
  6. ZombyWoof

Low serial 2270. Leave it stock?

At the very least I would replace electrolytics on all the boards that supply power filtering. I would replace all electrolytics on the power supply board and power amp boards. The large filter caps on the chassis should be replaced as well. I would also perform the fsb upgrades if I was going...
  7. ZombyWoof

Setting idle current on 2230

The reason for the "VTVM" reference was the high input impedance as compared to multimeters of the day. As long as your DVM has a high input Z, say greater than 100k per volt, it will do. As for where to measure, you can measure the voltage drop across either R774 or 775 at the pins on the edge...
  8. ZombyWoof

Marantz wood grain contact paper replacement?

Give these fellas a call: http://www.americansignproducts.com/Di-Noc/Fine_Wood.html (not affiliated and never used the stuff but it's what manufacturers use...)
  9. ZombyWoof

Stereo Review archive

Well, since you offered, how 'bout, March 1970 : Advent Speaker March 1974: Marantz 4140 January 1976: Pioneer PL15DII Thanks in advance!
  10. ZombyWoof

What are your favorite speakers?

1. Dahlquist DQ-10 2. ADS L500 3. Original Large Advent 4. B&O S45 Yeah, I'm hopelessly stuck in the 70's.
  11. ZombyWoof

Replacement part needed for 2270

I have one for a 2240 in decent shape. Not sure if it's of any help but it's yours if you want it.
  12. ZombyWoof

Advent or B&O

I owned both of these. In fact, when I downsized my speaker collecton these were the last two in my shoot-out. They both won out in elimination comparisons with Boston Acoustics BA-150, BA-70, and New Large Advent speakers. I found that against the Original Large Advents the B&O S60's had...
  13. ZombyWoof

My Harman Kardon Receiver has been sabotaged :(

If it's the HK-730 you should have jumpers on the rear from pre-amp out to amp-in.
  14. ZombyWoof

Portable headphone amps

I started with a JDS Labs CmoyBB that I built with the intention of upgrading some day if I felt I needed better. I have used it for a couple of years with my AKG 240's and Grado 80's and see no reason to upgrade. I connect to my PC via a Schiit Modi DAC to play flacs or stream from my...
  15. ZombyWoof

Perfect Temperature and Humidity for Gear?

70 degrees F and 40-60% relative humidity. Keeps mold out but not so dry that you get static build up.
Back
Top Bottom