Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Even though Jeep was AMC at the time, i'm going to toss this in here as a Mopar.

Finally got my 1979 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle restore and i'm ecstatic!

YPBjDQN.jpg

more pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/DdJp5

Its got a 225 in it with the ball & ball carb. The motor picks up surprisingly well for its age despite burning a quart every 3k. I suspect the motor was replaced at some point in the late 60s because the serial don't match the tag and the block is from 67.

It has an NP-833 4 speed in it with a hurst shifter. The car was like this when I bought it.

It's gonna get some suspension mods, including better torsion bars, new shocks, and a swaybar in the front.

I like that...

You got a 4-speed behind a 225 slant-six !

If you change the oil over to non detergent oil, she should stop burning oil ! But you can only use non detergent oil after that !

I know that engine very well, the firing order is....1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4 !

I remember looking through a car magazine when I was at High School and seeing a Dodge Daytona Charger, my friends and I drooled over the pictures for hours. I love the shape of the RT and the huge rear wing and wedge shaped nose really set it off, they don't make them like that anymore.

Very true, when I became old enough to drive, it was the mid 80's. The cool cars were long dead unless you got lucky and found a survivor.

Back
Top Bottom