Fall in New England - Time for another Epic FrankenFest!

That was fun! Picked up some interesting stuff, chatted with interesting folks, listened to interesting music! Can't wait for the next one, and hope you get well soon, Frank! :)
-Adam

Thanks a thanks a lot Brian for hosting us! Also congrats on the speaker project...you guys have something to really be proud of. Very sorry to hear (and smell) the Hibachis literally go up in smoke but I'm sure you'll get them sorted soon enough. In the mean time that monster class A beast smitterdave was demoing would make a fine alternative I am sure :).

Jblnut

Once again, a terrific Frankenfest!
A huge thanks to Brian for hosting and getting us the alternate site. Also, Brian's speakers are spectacular, congratulations on your exceptional effort!
Had fun demoing the TW's. I was surprised so many had never heard a set of these.
Happy holidays to all and look forward to the next fest!
Glenn

*Ill post some pics tomorrow.

It was great to come to the 'fest today, and fantastic for me that the alternative Walpole location is only 10 miles from my house!

To those AK'ers who got records cleaned today - Enjoy the music!

Thanks to Brian and Jim for organizing, and hope Frank is feeling better soon! Hope to make it to the next 'fest, whether in Clinton or Walpole.

I had a great time to and thanks to Brian for hosting this fun time. It was good to reconnect with some old friends and meet a few new ones as well. I do hope you're feeling better soon Frank.
20161022_122539.jpg 20161022_122558.jpg 20161022_122607.jpg 20161022_122616.jpg Here's a few20161022_122626.jpg pics that I took

Sorry I couldn' make it, sometimes my job gets in the way of fun. Especially being so much closer in Walpole. Get well soon Frank !!!!!

What a nice time. Even though it rained all day, everyone seemed to be having a good time. I sent the video we made to Frank. Hopefully it works below. One theme see to to be consistent throughout the rooms, everyone hopes that Frank makes a speedy recovery.

Walpole was great...and easy to find! The usual friendly/opinionated crowd...and the usual cool equipment...and all sorts of crazy crap ended up in the trunk of my car (do I really need more laserdiscs?).ak5.JPG ak6.JPG ak7.JPG ak8.JPG ak - Copy.JPG ak4 - Copy.JPG

Hey guys and gals!

Another great day with a great group. I want to thank everyone who took the time to listen to the Cionnsaile (pronounced "Kinsale", btw...) Monitors. Your critical feedback and many compliments were very welcomed and appreciated! It's been a very challenging project to get off the ground, but I finally think things are getting going and your feedback has proven to me that the design has merit.

I also want to thank everyone who showed up a little early, brought some snacks or supplies, and stayed a little late to help clean up. It's possible we actually left the place cleaner than when we arrived.

And special thanks to Jim for taking the reigns on organizing everything. Frank, you were dearly missed!

Until next time!

Cheers
Brian

I swear to god I won't have to work when one of these is held...someday! They always look like a good time; I'll shoot for a spring get together:rolleyes:.
Please continue to post pics so I can see all that I missed.:(
Also, best wishes to Frank...

There were about 40 attendees. Here's a few more pics.
My system in one of the rooms.

More of the days activities and great gear for sale.

This Kenwood was outstanding, looked virtually brand new! The new owner is very lucky!

More stuff for sale.

These Sylvania speakers sounded amazing! Who knew?!

Beautiful McIntosh with newly reproduced glass.

Somehow the pic above repeated 3 times, could not delete the two repeats, hmmm

Thanks for the pics Glen!

It was a pleasure to meet with you and listen to your system.

The whole day was great.

John

A nice, albeit small [read intimate] gathering this time. Those Sylvania speakers surprised me, in a very good way!
Thanks for buying my records! I'll bring even more jazz albums next time.

Brian did a wonderful job of providing the very fine facility at Walpole for the fall Frankfest, his speaker project was a winner, everyone myself included was Impressed. That big/heavy 80 watt class A amp caught my eyes and ears, I purchased a few light easy to carry items, enjoyed the music and talking with our fellow AK members and last not least wish that Frank makes a speedy recovery.

Sorry I was not able to attend on this rainy day, but thanks for the pics and re-cap from everyone. Looks like a fine gathering with some great gear (but no food :(). Good work by Brian, Jim, and others to organize the event, and hoping we can reconvene at Frank's in Clinton once he might be able to host again.

Great time as always, but Frank, you were missed. Thanks to Brian for stepping in to secure a site. It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones as well. For the first time in a long time, I actually sold more than I bought and I hope everyone enjoys the music and gear they picked up in Walpole as we head into winter. Hope to see you all again soon. -Daren

First off, best wishes to Frank and hope he's back in action ASAP. Don's absence was felt as well. Our AK big shots are always missed.

I got to Walpole around 3:30 so I think I was too late to the party proper, but it was good to see some regulars and check out the equipment that was there. Apparently missed both listening to the hibachi amps and watching one go up in smoke. And don't worry Tony, even though my carpool this time was both younger and hotter, she doesn't have quite the same AK fest enthusiasm. Our love will go on.

Back
Top Bottom