Not Acoustically perfect, but the aura is great.

Cosmos

Speakerholic
While this room is pretty live, it sure is a joy to listen in..

Speakers are a DIY creation consisting of a two way with Lambda TD15X woofers and a JBL 2445 2" compression driver with TrueXtent beryllium diaphragms. System utilizes a electronic crossover dialed in at 650 Hz. The electronics are hidden in a area behind the freestanding stone fireplace. Sources are a Rega P5, Reel to Reel, Sonos Connect and Philips CD80 CD deck.

Out of the view of this picture, to the right, is a waterfall. I use a Sonos Connect and Crown amp to drive 22 JBL outdoor speakers scattered around the acreage and into the surrounding woods on a 70V system. It's really a cool thing to be able to stroll around the gardens or lounge by the waterfall or fire pit and listen to music..

20161009.jpg

Yard 7.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I enjoyed my system in a similar live room with cathedral ceiling and open floor plan.

Wow what a beautiful looking room:eek2:! Nice speakers to but I'm betting I could be happy in that setting even with a small am radio:thumbsup:

"Paradise can be elusive.. If you keep searching for it, you may have a hard time finding it.":music:

Very Nice, It Looks Like You Found Paradise........Life is Good ;)

,Mike.

Wow, thanks for the complements everyone. Did I mention I love the easy access Sonos allows? It's like having the entire world of recorded music at your fingertips everywhere inside and outside our house. Since installing Sonos, it has drastically changed my listening style.. Yes, I still have analog sources for those really critical times, but it is so nice having so much available immediately.

Nice pad Dan. Like living in paradise.
Dennis, would love to have you down, if you can find the time..

Thank you for the great complements. We were very fortunate and blessed to find this house a year ago and promptly purchased it. The previous owner was a botanical expert, a founding father of the Toledo Botanical Garden and Commissioner of Parks and Forestry for the City of Toledo for many years. His passion shows in what he created here in the woods. It is a work of art. After we purchased the property, we added a lot of landscape lighting and the outdoor sound system, something I have wanted for years. It sounds great already, but I plan on adding some subwoofers next year to supplement what these 6 1/2" and 8" do on the low end and some moonlighting in the trees (downlights mounted high in the tree canopy).

We will have to plan on that Dan. It is a beautiful house and property. I am travleing this and next month and if all goes right I'll either be moving to Albuquerque or Riyadh by the end of the year.

We will have to plan on that Dan. It is a beautiful house and property. I am traveling this and next month and if all goes right I'll either be moving to Albuquerque or Riyadh by the end of the year.
Albuquerque or Riyadh? Kind of two different directions.. I hope you make the move best for you and your family. We'll miss your mug around here..

Wonderful, I'm glad you have managed to unite the music with such a beautiful and unusual house in a magnificent place.

Back
Top Bottom