Landscapes

Very cool! I'm a new member and it's great to see there's a section here for photo enthusiasts. I've been taking pictures seriously for a about 15 yrs now and spend most of my time getting out to shoot and editing. I shoot mostly land/seascapes but have dabbled in most other genres.

One of my shots that I'm pretty fond of...
6324671291_bdb2e3a081_b.jpg

If interested, other stuff can be seen here
http://cuttooth.1x.com/gallery

EDIT: Hmmm...Not sure how to attach pics here.
EDIT2: Thanks old_tv_nut. that was the reason.

Last edited:
how do you insert pictures into posts? not attaching the files but so the images display in the posts? I tried using the insert image button but it didn't work.

I looked at this page's source code, and it appears you are inserting a link to a page rather than to the jpg file itself.

Save your photo on a photo storage site like Photobucket or Shutterfly. There should be a place there where you can copy the link to the photo (I use Photobucket. Each pic in the library has a little menu in the top left corner if you cursor over it, and one of the choices is "Share"). Click on that and you will get four options. Copy the one that says "Direct" and use that link in your post. ("Copy is a little different here because Photobucket has made it easy. Left click over the "direct" link and it will respond "copied"). In the AK post menu at the top of your "reply" box, click on the photo icon with the mountains in it. Paste the link into the entry box and hit "insert". Your photo should post wherever the cursor was.

Example:
IMG_1180_zpssvvmu2sm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steven, I appreciate the response.

I do have a photobucket account but keep mostly mindless stuff and test shots i'd have friends critique before submitting them for competition.

Most of stuff is on Flickr and for some reason was having trouble embedding them but ended up just copying the direct link inside the embed url and getting that to post. I do see embedding from Flickr works though because in the Architectural thread, Shutterguy links them. I'll try doing that again the next time I post a shot.

EDIT to add...
Figured out that you need to use the BBCode link in Flickr instead of the Embed link.

One subject I enjoy shooting is boats. These are all shot on Oahu except for the last on which was shot at Point Reyes, California.

A Time For Reflection
by Mark Y, on Flickr

Wide Awake by Mark Y, on Flickr

Time Takes Its Toll by Mark Y, on Flickr

Soon You’ll Rest Your Soul
by Mark Y, on Flickr

Abandoned by Mark Y, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom